Add multiple products to an order

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there a way to let someone add multiple products to their order?  I built it out that way, however the numbers and items aren’t correct on the order review page.  

16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

This doesn’t work for me, as it’s not totaling the items properly, and if they choose 1 of (for example) two different shirts, it says “11” shirts, and then puts the amounts next to each other but doesn't total them up for a correct total price.  Help please.  Need to get this out ASAP 😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @HarborCityHealth Thanks for stopping by the community! I’ve added your post to a new topic here. 

Can you explain a bit more about what you’re trying to do and what you already have set up? Do you already have an order form? Or are you referencing our Square integration? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here’s the link to my unfinished form.  I think I’ve got it squared away with adding multiple items (although I’d like to give them an option to add a third because people are ordering for their families too), but I’m totally stuck in terms of it adding up to amount to the proper dollar amounts on the “review your order” page, and it DOUBLES the amount when you proceed to the “enter your payment information” page.  

Any help would be really amazing!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Oh, and I don’t use square.  I’ve set up my stripe account to connect to it, but the check out totals are soooooo incorrect!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@HarborCityHealth - i created a similar form for my ‘coffee slogan tshirts’ over a year ago and had my own struggles with figuring it out. But i put together a form that allowed folks to order 3 different shirts. here’s the link to a test version which uses a statement page instead of the stripe payment question. 

Can you share some screen shots of your logic and perhaps your logic map, so that we could look at the way in which the logic is presented?

cheers

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes!  Absolutely, and thanks so much!

I added a video to Youtube of me showing what’s going on because the screenshots seemed never ending 😂.  If it would help to see something more specific, please let me know!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I desperately need to send this out by the end of the day.  I didn’t foresee it being this challenging, and I’ve been working on it for over a week.  

This is a fundraiser and shirt order for a client of 11 years who was just rediagnosed with breast cancer.  My clients seem to think I’ve just forgotten about it.

If literally anyone could chime in and assist I would be incredibly grateful, I cant find any help forums that specifically discuss this issue, and the response time is becoming a huge challenge for me 🥺🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@HarborCityHealth - ok.. so a couple of things jump out right away: 

• you have a single subtotal variable. when you add the first shirt in and do a multiple it should probably come out ok … 
  • BUT when you add a second shirt into the total and have multiples you are getting ‘more than you bargained for’ - as we can see in the $$.. lemme try and explain 
    • order 1 shirt for 25 = subtotal = 25 x1 = 25
    • order a second shirt for 25 but i want three copies so i add 25 to subtotal for the cost of the shirt
      • so now i have 50 in the subtotal
      • and then your logic multiplies the 50 x 3 (the number of shirts you just added) = 150 in subtotal 
  • suggest  you have subtotal_1, subtotal_2 and subtotal_3 all set to 0
  • do the first shirt and assign the subtotal to subtotal_1, then add subtotal _1 to subtotal
  • then if they want second shirt, assign that to subtotal_2, then add subtotal_2 to subtotal
  • ditto for 3 then add subtotal_3 to subtotal 
  • then just before stripe page on a summary or the last question, add shipping to subtotal and then you can add the subtotal to price for the stripe page.. 

one thing - when you you go backwards in your logic using the up arrow, and add values to the number of shirts, you are probably NOT resetting the variable to prior value ie if you added 1 before and did the calculation to add to subtotal and then you go back to change it to 3, you are then adding the new 3x25 to the subtotal, inflating it again.. hence the three different subtotals (i set the subtotal_X variable to 0 as the first logic rule on the question page for that shirt .. 

hope that helps 

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

You rock!!!!! Going to dig in on this right now!  

I didn’t realize I could have more than one subtotal either!  But when I try, I’m wondering if I need to create that category/tag elsewhere?  Every option that is there is pre-set and I don’t see the option to add a new one.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

I also went back through the form in it’s entirety, and entered the same values (that I put in when I used the up arrow) without a need to reset it, and all of the values are 100% the same as the video above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

go to the variables section in the Logic - Advanced tab.. and create them. easy as 1, 2, 3

i took a screen shot of mine - similar but not identical names

lol

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I also went back through the form in it’s entirety, and entered the same values (that I put in when I used the up arrow) without a need to reset it, and all of the values are 100% the same as the video above.

clear your cache or do the quiz in an incognito browser session to have a ‘clean’ set up.. if you don’t hit submit, the values stick around as cookies for 15 days.. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Using an incognito window, with @subtotal_2 all set up, still same problem… $149.94 for 4 shirts 😕

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@HarborCityHealth - sending you DM for consideration…

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

maybe have the Typeform Support folks have a look at it?? use this link to raise a ticket. 

des