Answered

Can logic jumps direct respondents to multiple next questions based on a multiple selection, multiple choice type questions?

Hello,

I have an issue setting up the logic jump linked to a multiple choie question.

I would like my responders to be able to select multiple answers to a question for a market survey :

“ For whiwh products do you car about sustainability ?”

Multiple answers can be chosen from the following list

• Paper
  • Hygiene & cleaning
  • furnitures
  • ...(15 choices)

For each answer chosen, I would like the responders to have another multiple choice question :

“On which concern exactly for *answer 1* ?

Then go to answer 2:

“On which concern exactly for *answer 2* ?

I don’t managed to have the question asked for EACH answer selected.

Is it possible? How can I do ?

Many thanks,

icon

Best answer by Mariana 8 March 2021, 12:25

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Juliacelsious. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

Yes, you can do that using Typeform! :) To get started, add a Multiple Choice or Picture Choice block. Be sure to open block settings, and activate Multiple Selection. Add the 4 follow-up questions based on the 4 possible answers. Then, you'll set up a logic jump as this example here: 

And you'll repeat these logic jumps (always excluding the first one) in the next follow up questions. 🙂 More details about this process can be found here

Hope this helps =)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Juliacelsious - from a user here..

What @Mariana demonstrates may seem a bit awkward but it really does work.

des

Thanks! It is quite long to set up when you have a high number of choices but it does works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

:smile:  I appreciate your support, @john.desborough

@Mariana I’ve followed the exact steps here and my workflow still isn’t mapping what you have here. I have different questions but I’ll use yours for the sake of example to demonstrate what’s happening.

If I were to select, Time and Newsweek, my form shows me to rate Time and Newsweek (as it should) but then, it still continues with the questions to also rate The New Yorker and The Economist.

I tried hiding the irrelevant follow-up questions as it states in step 4 of this article: https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029257512-Use-Logic-Jump-to-show-relevant-questions-Classic-builder-

but the builder isn’t letting me. It keeps jumping to the end of the survey.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

This is really Amzaing. I have also facing the same issue. Thanks Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Amazing, @Chris Woakes! Have you followed Mariana's suggestion? How did it work out for you?

Yes definitely its work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's perfect! Feel free to send us the link to your form so we can take a look at it and give you some feedback about it! @Chris Woakes 😉

Hi all,

I want my respondents to select 5 answers out of 175 choices. With the solution of Mariana the setup would take 15.400 steps 😱 (175 + 174 + 173 + 172, etc.)

This is almost impossible… does anyone have a smarter alternative?

Hope so 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Koever That is definitely a lot of choices! I’m afraid we wouldn’t have a simpler solution. 

Out of curiosity, is there any possibility to reduce the number of choices? 

Hi Liz,

Unfortunately not. I decided to share the list with 175 items via e-mail/pdf, and ask respondents to enter the 5 items they have chosen in Typeform via 5 separate questions. Not the nicest solution, but it works :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Totally understand, @Koever ! Let us know if you think of any other questions.