Can you do a Slider as a question?

• 16 February 2021
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 2

I have a client that would like to do a “slider” (scale of values) for one of their questions. Is this possible in Typeform? We’re new to this tool.

Thank you!

Liz 3 years ago

Hi @BadPixel ! 🙂 While we don’t have a slider option in the opinion block, we can note this suggestion for you! Let us know if you think of any other questions or suggestions. 

In the meantime, I recommend you subscribe to our Product Updates board here. It’s the best way to follow what new features and functionality we are bringing to our tool. 

View original

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @BadPixel. Welcome to Typeform and to our Community! 🤩

Do you mean you'd like to add an Opinion Scale question like the example below? 

If this is what you'd like to use, then yes, you can use the Opinion Scale question from Typeform. If this is not what you meant, would you be able to share a screenshot showing an example? We'll be happy to help further! :-) 

Userlevel 2

Actually that seems to be the logic, but the user interface/element is what I’m referring to

. See attached.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BadPixel ! 🙂 While we don’t have a slider option in the opinion block, we can note this suggestion for you! Let us know if you think of any other questions or suggestions. 

In the meantime, I recommend you subscribe to our Product Updates board here. It’s the best way to follow what new features and functionality we are bringing to our tool. 

Hi, 

we would like our users to position themselves in relation to a couple of antonyms placed at the extremes of a scale. Unfortunately, for now the only option available is to use an “opinion rating” type of question where we can label the extremes. This is a problem, I feel, because you have numbers on the top which could be perceived negatively in the lower part of the scale. Is there a way to hide somehow the digits? or maybe have a slider option? Open to suggestions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @sariac. Welcome to our Community! =)

I moved your question here so we centralize all the requests related to a Slider question. At the moment, it's not possible to hide the digits either, but I can understand how this would be useful for your use case. We'll note this suggestion for you! 

Hi,

With all measures being digitised, we need to create a Slider Scale Question Type with Decimal Accuracy. I can see that Question Pro allows users to build these types of questions - is there a similar functionality in Typeform?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Mrat. Happy Tuesday! 

I moved your question here where the answer is. Let us know if you have further questions =)

Yes! It would be great If TypeForm could create a feature that would allow us to receive the answer from a specific range scale.

It might look something similar to this 👇🏻

A slider option might look like this snip.

Badge

Will a slider type input / option scale be implemented any time soon ? 

Previously I used the option scale to mimic this. With good results. 
But since recent changes in layout this just doesn’t work or look properly anymore. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michel van de Beek. Happy Friday!

I moved your question here where the answer is. Please let us know if you have any further questions ;-)

any update on this? Would be so so so useful 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Elliotrorororo This isn’t currently in our roadmap, but if anything changes, I’ll post here. :grinning:

Slider question types let respondents answer a question on a scale by dragging an interactive slider. Ideal on mobile, the slider question type is fun and more engaging for respondents, but that's not all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for your feedback, @Best_Smoker ! Let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions. 

Userlevel 1

Bump - I’d like to add my request for the Sliding Scale question type!

I would also like to see a sliding scale question!

I was also looking for this. I had to settle down with a dropdown menu. Not ideal, but it would do the trick.

I second this, I need to let people choose an answer within a spectrum of multiple options, leaning more or less between 5 or 6 options. I’m settling with a dropdown answer but it’s helpful to know if someone is leaning a bit on either side of an answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for stopping by and sharing that feedback, @Eddie Arrieta and @jacobsjolly !

A sliding scale option (similar to this one) should be a must for Typeform! I’m noticing some decision fatigue associated with selecting numbers with the Opinion scale. Any updates on whether the sliding scale option will be available soon?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @intriguenate Thanks for stopping by! While it’s on the roadmap, we don’t have a date set for the release. As soon as I have any updates, I’ll post them here. 😀

Would love to see the sliding scale as an option in the near future!

A slider is also from my opinion a must. As I see, it is announced since a couple of month. And it is for us essential to use such modern features in education. Meanwhile slider is a standard. Looking forward to see the released feature 👍

Hey guys! We also went looking for a slider option sadly without luck. We would love to see this feature added to Typeform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ed Tech @ahubbard @RAWMarketing just wanted to let you know that our product team has this on their radar, but it most likely won’t be something released in the near future. But do know it is something they are planning on!