Answered

Depending on answers to a series of multiple question groups, provide different endings/resources?

Hello Community -
I have been trying to figure out if what I am trying to do is possible, but so far to no avail. I hope you can help!

I am interested in creating a survey made up of sets of questions. Depending on the answers chosen in each of the sets, provide a different ending/resources. 

Note: This is not about scoring or wrong and right. Idea is that depending on which answers are given (i.e. Question 1: Answer A, Question 2: Answer: C, Question 3: Answer A, etc.) the user is presented with a different ending/resources. 

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Mariana 21 July 2021, 12:08

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Level Group. Welcome to the Typeform Community :hugging:

You can use the Outcome Quiz for this purpose. ;) In my example, my simple quiz will have two Endings: one that says You're an extrovert, and another that says You're an introvert:

outcome12.png

In my case, I want the answers that relate to extroverts to link to the extrovert ending, and the introvert answers to the introvert ending. Click the Logic tab in the right-hand sidebar, and then Outcome quiz:

outcome13.png

You'll see this panel, showing your Endings: 

outcome_14.png

Click Choose Answers under each ending, and choose the answers which relate to each Ending:

outcome_15.png

In this case, the answers Dogs, festivals and loving public speaking will link to Looks like you're an extrovert, while the others link to Seems like you're an introvert.

Based on people’s answers, the outcome can also be a tie, which means that multiple Endings could apply to it. In these cases, the Ending coming first will be shown by default. For example, if the outcome could be either Ending A or B, people will see Ending A. If you have an Ending preference for ties, you can order them accordingly.

Once you've linked your answers and endings, click Save. Click the eye button at the top of the builder to open a preview and test out your form:

outcome14.png

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes =)

Hi Mariana,

Thank you so much for your reply and help!
I have figured out how to do what you described. However, what I am trying to accomplish is a bit more complicated. 

There are a series of sets of questions, and depending on what different people answer for ALL of them, they get a different Ending. Please see the attached screenshot where I tried to represent this for two individuals answering Q’s. 

Also, when I just did this test, I couldn’t figure out how to completely modify the Ending. It still had the social media icons and button “again” Press Enter. How do you customize the Endings more?

Thanks so much!

Best,

Jennifer

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Level Group - good work on this, you are oh so close to solving this one!

the endings screen is relatively simple to fix - see the image below - you can delete the social icons using the toggle on the right hand side (circled) and you can remove the button or alter the text and the link in the same area

the headline and description areas are all yours to modify.. so you can customize both of your ending pages and send the user to different links, if you would like, simply by editing them here

hope this helps.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Level Group Happy Tuesday! Were you able to get this setup fully? :grinning:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey, I’m posting my question here as it’s related to the above. I used to be able to see the multiple ending page options (for outcome quiz and score quiz) but the way my Typeform platform looks has completely changed and i’m lost! I have a paid Basic plan. Am I still able to use the Outcome Quiz? And if yes, how do I access it? (I can find calculations and logic jumps but that is it). 

Thanks for the response! 
Liisa

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liisa - welcome from another user.. 

if you look in the logic tab on the right hand side, you will see an image of that below, you can find the outcome quiz option

hope this helps

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Des! I just realised that my Typeform was still in the Classic builder and I wasn’t able to see these options before. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liisa - were you able to convert to the new builder ?? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I did, yes. Thanks for checking in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad you were able to convert to the new builder, @Liisa !! Let us know if you have any other questions. :grinning: