Answered

For sub-questions in a question group, how to prevent header from obscuring configuration button?

• 23 February 2021
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Socializer
  • 18 replies

Hi all! In setting up a sub-question as multiple choice, because the question is long, the configuration button gets hidden behind the main question header. Attached is the screenshot. 

Sub question configuration is obscured

As you can see, for question 7a, I need to set it up so that my users can choose more than one answer. But to do that, I need to click on the “Multiple Choice” box in the upper right hand corner, which is at the moment, hidden behind the “7 → All About Data” header. I checked this issue in more than one template; here is something similar in a different template.

Same problem with question 2a’s “Multiple choice” being hidden behind “2 → Thanks! Lets look at social Issues”.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 23 February 2021, 21:38

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jag - thanks for sharing the screenshots! That was really helpful. What browser are you using to edit the form? I just tried in Chrome on Mac and couldn’t reproduce the issue. Though, I can test on the browser/device you’re using.

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jag @Liz 

i have had a similar instance in question groups when the list extends.. what i have done is to drag the question out of the question group and then make the changes (usually the idiot behind the keyboard forgot to toggle the random switch when he added the question) then put the question back into the group in the original spot.. 

note: it was a dark and stormy night around 2 am when this happened and i had figured out the solution… lol

des

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @Liz - thanks for replying promptly! Tried this on two browsers - Safari 14.0.3 and Chrome 88.0.4324.182. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@john.desborough Yea - that worked. I didn’t realize this was possible till you pointed it out! I can work with this :-D

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@john.desborough Haha - the other option is to add the question in the group as usual, but before you populate the question, do the config !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough Haha - the other option is to add the question in the group as usual, but before you populate the question, do the config !

@Liz - yup.. if you remember to do that before hand.. 

sometimes if your first question ‘fits’ but you forget to config first, and you replicate and change the text in the next question and suffer this issue, rather than deleting stuff to get access to the selector, the grunt method i used was easier lol.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough is there ever a better time of the day to discover things other than 2am? 

I asked some colleagues of mine if they’ve experienced the issue, and they do notice it when the browser width isn’t 100% (or widescreen). If you adjust your browser width, does this allow you to adjust the settings, @jag ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - when the intent is to be able to spend an hour with a novel before crashing at midnight, yes there is a better time than 2am lol. 

sometimes it might work if the wrapping of the ‘labels’ is enough to open up the full work window. however, if you’re vertically challenged (on the screen) by the number of items in the list, it will still push the widget up under the horizon … 

wow - i need another coffee for that to make sense.. 

des

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@john.desborough - yea I dont have my browsers at full screen but close - they bump up against the menu on top and the mac toolbar on the left. I just checked this after maximizing - it literally covers every part of the screen (if you are not used to a Mac). The issue is still present. 

Also, I wonder if there is a browser vs mobile setting for configuration (there obviously is one for preview). At the moment, the window is a vertical rectangle which looks more like something suited for a tablet as opposed to a browser.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jag - we need shorter lists lol..

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough hahaha valid point. I always have to set my computer to, literally, the other side of the apartment so I don’t get carried away in the middle of the night and wind up not sleeping because I got lost in Pinterest or something ridiculous ha!

@jag makes sense - thanks! I shared this feedback to the team working on the new builder, as the question group text really should adjust as you adjust your browser size. I know they’re trying to make as many improvements to the new builder as quickly as they can.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@john.desborough - I couldn’t agree more about shorter lists, though the downside actually achieving short lists is that one no longer gets to complain about not having short lists :thinking::grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough - I couldn’t agree more about shorter lists, though the downside actually achieving short lists is that one no longer gets to complain about not having short lists :thinking::grin:

@jag - lol.. i have a nice collection of short and long lists of things to do, as proposed by my wife… if only she would put them in a typeform lol

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@jag - lol.. i have a nice collection of short and long lists of things to do, as proposed by my wife… if only she would put them in a typeform lol

Haha! The more you wish, the more the universe fulfills - so don’t stop!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HAHAHAHHAA :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

An update for you both - product has this filed as a bug, so as soon as I have updates on a fix, I’ll let you know!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Liz - thats great - and really appreciate the support. Have to say that for someone who is new and using the free version, this type of support is unusual, pleasantly surprising and amazing. Nicely done! You’ve gained a fan :grin:. My next step is to get the subscription once my site comes further along!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jag 

Happy to hear!! :) If you’re willing to share, what kind of site are you building? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hahaha! The site is about bridging a gap in knowledge and design of methods such as Machine Learning, Optimization, Simulation etc - what we call Hero Methods! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow, @jag! That sounds really cool 🤩👏🏻  

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Glad you feel so!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jag holy! sounds like quite the site to setup!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Liz - hope so! Its an idea right now that is not proven, so fingers crossed...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jag 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hahaha!