Answered

Hour and Minute using the number question type

• 16 March 2021
  • 6 replies

is it possible to make the hour and minute using the number question type appear in one step instead of 2?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 17 March 2021, 13:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @brandon. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

At the moment, this isn't possible with Typeform. Would you mind sharing your use case and how you'd like this feature to be? Your feedback would be extremely helpful! :) 

Hi Mariana, 

No probs, here is the user case below, we also wanted the user to select a custom date for example Wednesday and Thursday of every week on the date question but this is not possible:

• A customer goes on the order form to select and order food 
    A customer inputs the date for pickup
  • The form needs to specify the hour and minute on 1 step so the customer can see it clearly without it being separated as at the moment they have to remember their hour when they put the minute in on the next step
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@brandon  - from a fellow user here

I used this as an example for another scenario but it might work in this case: a matrix question that would allow the user to select a day and a time, rather than enter the data as you describe. The only drawback at this time is that logic jumps and calculations are not yet enabled/developed for this question type (per Typeform) but are on the product wish list. 

change the “meeting” to delivery and maybe this might work

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wohooo, that's cool @john.desborough! :clap_tone1: Thanks for sharing! 

I hope the workaround will work for you too, @brandon :hugging:

Badge +5

Hey @john.desborough, take a bow amigo. :bow_tone1:

Thanks for the help guys, I’m going to give the matrix question a try.