Answered

How to connect a database with a field in the form

Quiero que en un campo de mi formulario al buscar un producto me traiga el resultado de una base de datos.

-- Google Translation -- 

I want that in a field of my form when searching for a product, it brings me the result of a database.

icon

Best answer by Liz 8 July 2022, 22:47

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AlexanderH14 Welcome to the community! And happy Friday. 😀 It isn’t possible to connect to an external source. Instead, you will need to have all of the answer options already set in the form. 

Gracias por tu ayuda y es posible configurar todas las opciones pero que deje escoger varias segun sea el caso, es que son 269 opciones

-- Google Translation -- 

Thank you for your help and it is possible to configure all the options but let me choose several depending on the case, there are 269 options

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AlexanderH14 The language of the community is English, so I hope you don’t mind my replies in English! 

You could create multiple variations of the same question and then show the one with the answer options that apply based on the previous question. This article here can walk you through setting up those logic jumps. 

Badge

I have a situation where I want to use a typeform to have students fill out a survey and then based on their response bring up another survey for them to choose a mentor. 

So step 1 - fill out type - click next

The next button would make a call to AWS where we have stored data and based on their response (focus area, time and day) it would bring back a list of mentors that are available for them to choose from.

Is that possible using hidden fields by chance?

Thanks so mich!
Michele

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mbsteal2002 I’ve added your post here where we have the answer for connecting to an outside database. 😀

Badge

Hi Liz!

In the examples with calling a field in the CRM to return personalization - how are they doing that then? Doesn’t the hidden field have to return the data someway?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mbsteal2002 If you mean return the data back to the CRM system, it doesn’t have to, but you can. Do you have a particular CRM you’re using? I can try to find an example of that, depending on the CRM!

Badge

It would be with Salesforce - thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh! You could just use our direct integration with Salesforce then, @mbsteal2002 . This article here can walk you through setting that up. 

This is an order form. Which requires a name and address of a person. 
I have addresses associated with people in a spreadsheet. So when I start typing in the name of the person, I need  the spreadsheet to auto complete the address field when the person name is filled 

Is that possible 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Theman Happy Wednesday! I added your post here where we have the answer to your question. 😀

Hi

I’m trying to create a form that includes the ability for users to select a user name. However, I need to be able to check whether the user name they have entered is available, as it needs to be unique. Is it possible to check an entry against a dataset that I provide of existing user names?

There is no security concern as it’s an internal community - I just need to avoid the admin of multiple users trying to choose the same username (e.g. “John”)!

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jbireland I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

Like for example, I have a list of phone numbers and I want only those people to be able to fill out the form, and that too only once. Also, I do not want to include an email address question in the survey. Is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Simran1997 I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. As for an email, you don’t need to include that question if you don’t want to, but just know that then the email address information won’t be collected. 

Hi can anyone help me on this ?

I would like to create a form where a user should enter his email address on the first page. Then I would like to have this address checked to see if the user is known. If he is not know he cannot go to the second form….

Is this possible ?

thank you !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ozeegers I added your post here where we have the answer. You would need to manually input all emails and use logic jumps to check if that email exists. 

Hello.

I want to build a form to recategorize a database of 50,000 customers.

The ideal scenario would be to be able to integrate a database into the typeform, i mean, the options shown in each question depended exclusively on the customer's VAT (for example, could be another criterio)
The ideal would be: the customer put the VAT, and the database integrated in the typeform (in a list) the options referring to that specific customer. 

Can someone help me, please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @marciaramada89 I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

My aim is to minimize repetitive data entry for returning users while ensuring we have all necessary information stored in the database.

Specifically, I’m interested in integrating Typeform with a database (mySQL?) to streamline the process.

The idea is to prompt users to enter a unique identifier (preferably their email address) at the beginning of the form. Typeform would then connect to our database to confirm if their information is already stored. If any crucial information is missing, the form would dynamically adjust, requesting only the necessary details to complete their profile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @calatstevens I’ve added your post here where you can follow along for any updates on this feature request, as we don’t currently provide an option to integrate with external databases. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @calatstevens - not sure if this would help but @mathio put a possible solution/approach for this type of look up in this post

not sure it is a perfect fit and would mean using the APIs etc.. 

just a thought

des