Answered

How to reset the questions

Hi all,

I’m building a quiz that will be accessible for all visitors on an event, through a secured tablet.

I didn’t use a ending, but instead used a question where I show the results they scored and added a button to go back to the first slide.

However, when doing this, the questions aren’t reset: the form remembers the answers from the last respondent. 

Is there a way to reset all answers?

Thx,

Dries.

icon

Best answer by mktpct 19 October 2022, 23:52

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dries Happy Tuesday! Do you have respondents answering the form on the same device? Or are they seeing their previous answers they already added into the form? 

If they’re all using the same device to answer the form, you’ll want the respondent to click the submit button to not only share their answers and save to your results, but also to clear the form for the next person. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dries! How are you doing today? 

Were you able to check Liz' reply above? Can you specify if your respondents are seeing their previous answers in different tablets or if they're using the same device? 

It'll be easier to fix this problem if we know more details about your use case! 😉 Looking forward to hearing back from you. Have a great week! 

Hello I have a similar issue, In my case the form will be filled by a person on a phone calling different people, some people will not complete the whole form over the phone for us to go all way to the submit button, is there a way to reset the form anyother way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @vitto We don’t have a different way to reset the form, but you could have the person on the phone fill out the form each time in an incognito browser. 

Thanks for the suggestion @Liz , I hope typeform can add this feature in the future, we want to use typeform for call scripts but I dont think it will be feasible for them to do it on incognito since to access the typeform they need to log in to our portal (the typeform is passed URL paraments that fill in hidden fields based on the lead/opportunity they are filling the form for), will need to make some sort of javascript to delete the cookie everytime

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback, @vitto 😁

Hello!

My team is using Typeform in a kiosk format to collect survey responses. We are looking for a way to work around abandoned survey responses, and refresh the survey. Does anyone have a workaround they’ve used for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mktpct I added your post here where we have a discussion about this. 😀

We ended up finding a workaround by using the Kiosk+ app on the ipad to access the Typeform and then turning on Guided access.

It adds a persistent button overlaid on the form to the return to the start if it was abandoned in the middle of taking the survey (in person), and you can also set an automatic refresh time to automatically restart if no one is using the ipad after a certain amount of time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mktpct - that’s a cool thing to know.. i’ve filed that one away for future reference

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mktpct Oh! Thank you for sharing that. That’s great to know! 

Hello.

I’ve currently got a type-form on an iPad for our employees to complete a quiz. Most employees start the quiz out of curiosity and get to the first question leave it alone. However the arrows at the bottom don’t allow you to go back to the start of the page nor is there a redirect to the welcome screen or a time limit before the survey refreshes to the welcome screen.

Any help/suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @YDO0403 I’ve added your post here where we have a solution for this. 😁