Answered

Images for desktop and mobile

• 18 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Does anyone have any advice on how to use imagery that looks good on both desktop and mobile? Specific size or layout that tends to work best?

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by Paulo 24 August 2021, 09:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Fglace! Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

Our forms are responsive, so when you upload an image to your typeform, it will be resized automatically. This is done to improve the load speed of the typeform and allows the picture to be adjusted for different situations or device types.

We have a couple of Help Center articles that cover this. You can head over here to take a look: Branding guidelines and tips & Image sizes! I'm sure it'll help you! 

Have an amazing day! :four_leaf_clover:

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks for reply!

That’s useful to know! I guess my question was more about whether anyone had any advice on what type of images I should use as the way it looks on desktop and mobile really differs!

Are landscape images best for example?

Thanks for your help!

Hi @Fglace! This is from another user.:)

I personally tend to use portrait, as it seems to fit better in both desktop and mobile. As a rule of thumb, I always design a form using the mobile view as parameter, because in most of the cases what looks good on mobile will look good on desktop, but not the other way around.

Just my two cents.:slight_smile:

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey Paulo!

Thanks so much for this and sorry for the slow response! That’s really helpful to know :)

There should be a way to choose a different image on mobile vs desktop. 

I find it hard to find imagery that suits the two formats good. 

Please Typeform, can u implement this to your interface? :)

I am facing this same issue, thank you for sharing the correct answer.