Answered

Is there any way to get around optional questions displaying as "[Not asked]: in notification emails ?

• 9 September 2021
  • 11 replies

Hi,

I have a form that’s accepting submissions for a magazine (with payment). They can submit up to 25 items.

I need to list these items by name in the email notification if submitted, BUT if they submit anything less that 25, the following appears in the email notification: “[Not asked]”.

Is there any way around this ? That is, is there anyway to include a conditional within the email notification to only display those that include an answer ? If unanswered, display none ?

I can’t seem to come up with an answer using variables/logic or within the email notification itself.

Can anyone offer any advice please ?

icon

Best answer by Liz 9 September 2021, 17:22

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Powla Welcome to the community! When selecting the option to add all of the responses to the notifications, it will include what you are currently seeing, even if the question isn’t answered. We don’t have a way remove the field if it isn’t answered within the builder, but I can suggest sending emails through your email service provider, such as Gmail, using Zapier to connect the two products together. 

Are you already using an email service provider? 

Thanks for the confirmation Liz. I’ll investigate another way to do this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you find any handy workarounds, @Powla , let us know! :grinning:

Has this been addressed by the development team? I would think its possible to exclude a field in reporting (notification) if the question is not asked based on logic.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @YouthEvents We don’t have this in our roadmap, but I’d still suggest using the workaround above!

Hello!

I’m trying to create a form there and faced with the responses’ formatting issue. 

So, I create a usual questions and add some logic into my form so it looks like this:

After that, I set up my notifications. Here I need to create a service link for myself where responses’ values will be added in this link, just like that:

Yet, here’s the issue. When a question is not asked (because of the logic), I get a [Not asked] inside the link, so it gets broken. Also, in the “name of the app” in the link I get an unformatted text too. For example, instead of “My+new+integration” I get “My new integration” which breaks the link too because of spaces. Here’s the example:

So I wonder if there any way to reformat the values or perhaps there’s any other workaround for that? Or the only way to avoid that is to create a form with no logic at all?

I’d appreciate any help because I kind of lost there for now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @liosdonaris9 I added your post here where we have the answer. Let us know if you think of any other questions!

I have a Typeform with many logic triggers that turn out to have many questions unanswered by respondents. That’s premeditated as we only need the information they end up giving.

In order to notify / alert my team I just need answers to specific questions to be showed to them and the banner [Not asked] or [No se preguntó] is killing the aspect of the email. Typeform only allows for “all” answers to answered questions when just want to select specific questions and not all.

Please help! Greatly appreciated ;D

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @alayfess I added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

We have the same Problem. Is the Problem still not adressed? Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @carlandfriends This isn’t currently a feature we have in the notifications, but if that changes, we’ll post about it here. 😀