Let US jump back to a skipped question or a different question branch !!

• 7 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

WHY would you not let us jump to a “skipped questions” or different question branch ?! That’s the whole point of Typeform, to make tailored made questionnaires for the respondent and collect data in the meanwhile for us ! 

I guess you’ve put this (I know it wasn’t in the earlier versions) so people don’t make loops, but that’s our responsibility ! Make a loop detector if you really want to save us, or an alert ! But not a comply blockage *sigh*

As for now, its not just an alert, it doesn’t work. The typeform doesn’t jump to the question I want, thus making the typeform broken and unusable. It just finishes it right here on the spot .. 🤦🏻 Why even put the option to select a skipped question in the first place then !? 

I can’t believe this is an issue on your app. It’s so obvious we should be able to jump from questions to questions … Or are people using typeform only to make funny quiz for 3 years old ? 🍼

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LETMEJUMP Thanks for stopping by and sharing your feedback. Could you send a screenshot of your logic jumps and what you’re trying to do? We can try to take a peek at what’s happening and provide suggestions to get it working. 😀

Hi, I want to create a troubleshooting guide so that users just answer yes/no and go to different questions but they may end up back at a question that they had previously skipped. Typeform won’t allow me to add logic that they can go back to this skipped question. I’m wondering why not or is there a work around?

Did you ever get an answer to this? Is there any hope of being able to go back to a skipped question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DebbieEcoBurner It’s not possible to set logic jumps backwards in the form. You can navigate backwards and forwards in the form, but your logic jumps need to be forward-moving. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@DebbieEcoBurner - one option that i built out for a client who had a similar requirement was to take create a series of additional forms that the user would be redirected to if they wanted to answer a question they had skipped .. that might alter the flow of logic through the original response path: 

• for each question that could be skipped but end up pointing the individual towards, you redirect them to the form version that starts with that logic path ie if q4 is what was skipped but based on the flow through q6 it might drive them back to q4, then the user would be redirected to a typeform called “q4skip” and follow the logic flow from there.. 
    • if this form sends them to another skipped question, they are redirected there
  • all the forms are connected to the same google sheet (each form hits a separate tab) and the results/submissions were pulled/summarized onto an additional tab i called ‘reporting’ using the email id to relate and lookup the records across the tabs. 

you could do the same by creating logic paths inside the same form but instead of sending them back to q4 you might be sending them ahead to q45… i had this scenario in a choose your own adventure typeform for last halloween.. 

des

Hi, for us this limitation is very critical! I need half of the user to respond to question A and then question B, while the other half to respond to question B and then to question A. In order to do this I should create 4 different forms according to @john.desborough suggestion, because I have other questions before and after question A and B. Like @LETMEJUMP said...WHY do you impose this limitation? As an informatic engineer I don’t get this point!

@Liz please discuss this with tech team

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @paolopa The reason we don’t allow for jumping backwards is because it may clear some of the answers already provided in the form. If you haven’t already adjusting the logic to move forward, I would definitely suggest doing so to prevent any logic issues.