Answered

Logic Jump to show correct/incorrect page

• 28 January 2021
  • 10 replies

Hello everyone,

I am making a test to study for an exam. But my logic jump is acting weird and i don’t know why it is doing that.

This is what i want it to do:
My questions are all multipe choice questions with 4 possible answers. Only one is correct and then I need to jump to a “correct” page, if I click one of the 3 wrong answers i’d like to jump to a “incorrect” page with an explanation why it is wrong.

This is what it does now:
If i click the right answer it goes to the “correct” page straight away, but if I click the wrong answer it goes to the “incorrect” page and after that it jumps to the “correct” page. While it should be jumping to the next question.

I made a screenshot to explain myself a bit more, please let me know if you know how to solve this. Thanks in advance.
Mirte

icon

Best answer by Liz 28 January 2021, 19:30

View original

10 replies

Badge +5

Welcome @Mirte and thanks for a very well articulated and illustrated question!

Has this ever happened to you, @john.desborough ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mirte . Welcome to the community! :) 

Looking at the screenshot, it looks like on your incorrect page, you just need to setup a logic jump that skips over the correct page. If you wouldn’t mind sharing a screenshot of how you have the logic jumps setup for the incorrect page (which I’m guessing from this photo is a statement), that will help us further answer this for you. 

And thank you for sharing all of the info you provided here - this was incredibly useful for me to understand the issue!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Welcome @Mirte and thanks for a very well articulated and illustrated question!

Has this ever happened to you, @john.desborough ? 

@Gabriel @Mirte 

I have had a few occasions where the logic path I had in mind did not seem to pan out, similar to the example. Like @Liz said in her response, I had to make sure that I was routing the pages to the correct spot - ie the jump to  rather than using the ‘always jump to’ .. and making sure that the sequencing of the logic jumps is done properly..

also, if i was trying to use a single ‘wrong answer’ type page and then route the respondent to ‘@q+1’, so that it was a dynamic sort of routing, that i had to remember to reset the variable to the current question number… if that makes sense to anyone.. (used multiple choice, random order, incorrect twice then show the right answer, then move on to next question type thing)

one thing i will say is that, unless i am blind and not seeing the logic flow diagrams in the new form builder, i did like the flow path tool in classic.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough Me too, especially from a support perspective. :joy:  Though, I know product is working on the map. It’s on the future list, so I don’t have more specific information, but hopefully that’s a little beacon of hope!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

but hopefully that’s a little beacon of hope!

Beacons are good @Liz 

drag and drop visio-esque maybe?? lol.. (I know there are some other products out there with that type of logic flow designer that are in the competitive space for Typeform … )

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough Oo that’s a good idea. I’ll share this with product!

I’m having similar trouble @Liz. I’m on the trial version if that matters.

When I click “no” for question 7, it takes me to number 8 and not number 9 as I have the logic jump set up. 

I have the same problem in other templates, and other logic jumps.

Am I doing this wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TriviaLAB Thanks for stopping by! :) I can’t quite tell, but have you published the form? Sometimes, all you need to do is click the “publish” button for those changes to be live in the form!

It’s working now @Liz .  I think it did need to be published in order to work properly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

ah perfect! glad that worked, @TriviaLAB ! :)