Answered

Logic Jump With Short Answer

• 23 July 2021
  • 2 replies

I have a logic jump quandary which probably has a simple solution that I am drawing a blank on. I will use the attached image to give some context. What I would like to have happen is…

#12 (multiple choice) leads to either #13, #14, #15 or #16 depending on the users answer.

#’s 13-16 are short answer and allow the user to enter a unique answer.

I would like to have the user go from #13, 14, 15 or 16 directly to #17. However, if the user is sent from #12 to #13, after answering they would have to trickle through 14,15,16 before landing on 17. 

How can I resolve this and make it so #12 leads to 13, 14, 15 or 16, and when the user completes the one they were sent to it would leap directly to 17. 

I have a hunch that it has to do with the short answer criteria asking “contains” ends with” begins with” etc… Thanks for the help!

icon

Best answer by Liz 23 July 2021, 19:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @OneHope Thanks for stopping by and including the screenshot - really handy! I think you could add the following logic to #13 if you know they are always going to jump to a specific question. (Don’t mind my bogus question/answer.) 

To do this, you would need to setup the logics under the “Advanced” logics. 

Would this work? It looks like you have the jump for 12 good to go!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@OneHope - if you are having them jump from 13,14,15  or 16 directly to 17 without going anywhere else, you could use the always jump to q17 logic on qs 13,14,15,16 … 

that would take the user there and not have anything else in the way - the existence of the ‘second path’ out of those questions IS due to the fact that your condition may not be TRUE and so there needs to be a way out.. 

hope that helps a little 

(ps.. @Liz posted while i was writing this.. lol)

des