Answered

Matrix question - full functionality (logic access)

Userlevel 3

We use matrix type question a lot in our surveys. Is there an ETA on when it will have full functionality in TypeForm?

Specifically we are after the currently missing ability to work with the matrix in the survey logic (advanced only for starters if need be is fine) as we often need to assign variables and split the survey further based on responses in the matrix questions.

Advanced piping would also be great, but not necessary.

icon

Best answer by Mariana 1 March 2021, 20:18

View original

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @WAD. Happy Monday! :hugging:

The team will keep improving the builder and the Matrix Question over the next months but this is still something to be defined. I'll make sure to share your feedback with them and I hope this is one of the things we'll include. :)

If I happen to have more news about more features being added to this question type, I'll let you know in this thread! 

Any updates about the Matrix? 

We have the professional package altough it is a big problem that  this function doesnt work yet, or at least we didnt find is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

The team will keep improving the builder and the Matrix Question over the next months but this is still something to be defined. I'll make sure to share your feedback with them and I hope this is one of the things we'll include. :)

If I happen to have more news about more features being added to this question type, I'll let you know in this thread! 

@Mariana @Liz 

any update on the Matrix + logic/branching and/or recall capability?

am seeing a number of folks looking for solutions that would need this.. including myself lol.. 

I am have a current state/future state maturity matrix typeform that i am holding back from releasing until the ability to at least recall the info is available. [i can do all the reporting i need outside Typeform for the maturity improvement planning]. Having the full ability to deal with logic would be great BUT at a minimum can we request to ‘faster track’ the recall functionality?? 

cheers

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @john.desborough I reached out to our product team, and while they do plan on adding the feature to the builder, it’s currently in the backlog. As always, if I have any updates, I’ll let you know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @john.desborough I reached out to our product team, and while they do plan on adding the feature to the builder, it’s currently in the backlog. As always, if I have any updates, I’ll let you know!

Thanks @Liz - happy to be a guinea pig tester for it! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’ll let them know, @john.desborough !

Any updates about advanced logic for matrix questions?

Our team needs this functionality too. Any updates on ETA?

Any updates on this functionality? Thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, all! I’m afraid we don’t currently have this in the roadmap, but if there are any updates, I’ll post them here. :grinning:

Hello liz,  I am wondering about this too. The matrix is extremely valuable for decreasing cognitive load but without the logic capability it is difficult to get more in depth answers. Is there anyway to know when this gets to the roadmap? 

I need this too. I have a readily build form and I can’t use it because I need conditional logic based on the matrix-question answers. I think it is quite an annoying. I also believe you should not release half-baked solutions. Either finish everything and release it or don’t release it.  

Userlevel 2

I need this too. I have a readily build form and I can’t use it because I need conditional logic based on the matrix-question answers. I think it is quite an annoying. I also believe you should not release half-baked solutions. Either finish everything and release it or don’t release it.  

Same here. Having no logic available on matrix questions is a dealbreaker for me to not continue my purchase of the plan.

Userlevel 2

We’re about a year later. I assume we can expect it any moment now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Canary and @Felix This isn’t something on our roadmap, but as always, if that changes, we’ll post the update here. :grinning:

Hi @Canary and @Felix This isn’t something on our roadmap, but as always, if that changes, we’ll post the update here. :grinning:

Hi Liz!

Let me first say, that I am a huge Typeform fan and used it heavily throughout my work. When I hear statements like yours then I do wonder, whether that commitment was a wise decision. I mean, this is such a glaring hole in your feature-base, I can not fathom how this is not on your roadmap. I use Typeform for quite complex scenarios where this would be super-useful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Felix Our developers prioritize which features to build based on demand and the time it will take. For example, they’re working on adding a lot more apps within the form, which take much more development time and have a higher demand from customers than adding logic to the matrix. 

Of course, if anything changes, we’ll post an update here. 

Hello, I’d like to raise my hand here that piping and logic for the Matrix question type would be super helpful and I hope that the engineering team will prioritize it. My use case is a feedback form on a large number of options. Respondents give a rating of 1-3 (in the column) for each option I want them to evaluate (in the rows). I want to pipe options that get a rating 3 into a rank order question at end of survey so that respondents only. have to rank those options that they selected in the matrix Q as 3. 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Canary and @Felix This isn’t something on our roadmap, but as always, if that changes, we’ll post the update here. :grinning:

I can’t believe this is not on the roadmap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Canary While the product team does not currently have this on the roadmap, this is something they are hoping to prioritize in the future. As always, I’ll post any updates I have on this as they happen. 

Hi! We are also in urgent need of recalling/piping in matrix question. Any update on that feature? Is there a way for us to custom code it, maybe? Happy to put the work in, we really need it. 

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LuFem I’m afraid this isn’t on the roadmap at this time, but as always, if anything changes, I’ll post about it here. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, @LuFem. Just FYI, I've added that feature as a product request to our team. If it gets in the roadmap, we'll let you know! 

+1 to this thread. Would be super useful to be able to build a logic flow based on a matrix question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can you elaborate on that, @brandonkeelean? Why this feature would be important to your use case?