Answered

Multiple Product Recommendations Based on Multiple Scores.

• 21 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am building a quiz that [based on score] recommends supplements to users. Users will go through the quiz answering question groups; if a particular group score is below 40 the user is recommended that product as they are showing signs of needing that supplement.

There are many questions groups meaning that a given user could either get 0 products recommended or 20 products recommended (and everything in between).

ie.
Vitamin A = 50

Vitamin C = 35

Vitamin D = 32

Vitamin E = 67

Vitamin K = 15

This user will be recommended Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Vitamin K.

I have all of this built out, but am not sure how it can then recommend a product or place said products in their shopping cart.

I haven’t been able to find a thread diving into this yet. It seems as though with enough logic, patience and imagination anything is possible.

Hoping for some help from the Typeform family here.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 22 December 2021, 04:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Cameron C - i think that you would need to look at your shopping cart solution and determine how to pass the details to that solution - either through an integration that exists in the ‘store’ here or on Zapier/Integromat - so that the products could be tagged and selected into the shopping cart. you may be able to use the API to do the work as well. 

if you want to build out the solution in typeform you could use a statement page to present the list of recommended products and have the Vitamin shown via @recall features and the link for that particular product shown on the page. you could then ask them if they want to place an order for these . if they say yes you could pass them to another typeform with hidden fields in the url (rec_1=VA rec2=VB etc) and have the second form walk them through an order questionnaire with logic along the lines of:

• if rec_1 =VA then jumpto q2 (question group where they would see a question(s)  related to the vitamin, description and do you want to order? if yes go to a quantity page that capture the volume of the order
    • logic on last question in group q2 is along the lines of: if rec_2 = VB then jumpto q3, if rec_2 =VC jumpto q4…. (to determine if and where to jump for the next order entry
  • If rec_1=VB then jumpto q3
  • if rec_1=VC then jumpto q4
  • ……
  • once you have cycled through these question groups (you would need to set up a max number of q groups for the max number of products that could be recommended) then you could show a yes/no page that summarizes the product and quantity and the cost of each (you would need to do the calculations in the logic) and ask if they want to place the order
  • you could then use the payment question to take the order for the total value of the order (you would load all the cost of products variables into the price variable) and you could place the order inside typeform. 

you would still need to get this information sent to another process/system in your organization to do the work of taking the order and assembling it etc.. 

it’s not elegant but it could work for you as a minimum viable product. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

John, you are always so helpful. I will pass this on to my team and play around with this solution.

Much appreciated - I think hidden fields are something I need to explore more to increase the communication between this test and the other software.

Hi Cameron! Do you mind guiding me towards some instructions for building this top recommended products generator out? I’m completely new to typeform and have been sifting through trying to find a way to get a list of top 5 recommended products based on a typeform’s logic, but I’m not sure how to generate a list of exactly 5 highest scored variables. Thanks in advance if you have a bit of time to share! :)

@Cameron C @john.desborough 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@docv - to follow up on your message, part of which i have included here, I have a couple of comments to offer:

I was wondering if there are any helpful articles or guidance on how to create a "top recommended products generator" such as the one mentioned in the question.

Basically, a quiz that recommends 0 - 20 products to users depending on scores.

Building out this type of logic inside a typeform to determine all the scores and product recommendations, using the native logic rules, is potentially too cumbersome and not really well-suited to be done completely inside typeform. Let me explain a little:

• if you are looking to figure out which is the highest variable/score out of a set of potential categories, getting the single highest (or lowest) is possible BUT the more categories you have the more cumbersome the logic: ie top rank out of 5 categories is easier to put in place vs top rank out of 12 categories, etc. 
  • if you are trying to calculate the top 3 ranking categories inside typeform, the logic gets, pardon my Canadianism here, “frikkin ugly”, because you have to calculate the highest then remove if from the next round wherein you are calculating the highest of the remaining - Typeform’s native logic is not really designed to do this sort of stuff 
  • and don’t forget about ties in top scores and how to determine what to do if there IS a tie and you need a unique high score… 

My recommendation is basically to do this: 

• do the quiz to develop the score(s) that you need 
  • show the user an ending, if you want, that says “hey - based on your input we’re pulling together some product recommendations specifically for you and they will be sent to you in an email” 
  • connect the scores to a Google Sheet and do all the mathematical manipulations there and create your recommendations for product based on formulae in the spreadsheet and send them an email with either the recommendations or to a landing page that has the recommendations on it (you would need to develop that and have the ability to parse the data from the Sheet into fields on the landing page… ) 

in the case that you have a stock ‘page” of products that you would show someone like, for example, “based on your input, you would probably be interested in our small appliances offerings - click the link here to go to the [static] page” - and route them to typeform that has a picture question of all the small appliances.. not exactly what you want, i don’t think. 

butt that is what my brain says today. 

des