Answered

Narrowing options via multiple choice

First things first, I am new to typeform so forgive me if this is an elementary question!

I want to ask 2 separate multiple choice questions, and then for my third question, have users select a “short list” of sorts. Here is what I mean:

Q1: Select 3-5 of your favorite things

Options: A, B, C, D, E 

(Assume user selects A and B)

Q2: Now select 3-5 of your favorite other things

Options: U, V, X, Y, Z

(Assume user selects X, Y, and Z)

Q3: Finally, if you had to select 3 total, which would be your true favorite things?

Options: A, B, X, Y, Z

^^ how do I get to that last step - in other words, how do I use what the user selected in Q1 and Q2 to create “smart” options for Q3? 

icon

Best answer by Liz 2 May 2022, 15:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @Chief_LaurenM ! Our recall feature only works by adding information into the questions, but not the answers. Instead, you would need to manually add the answer options into the multiple choice, and if you’d like to show different answer options based on previous answers, you’d have to create every variety of the question accordingly. You could then use logic jumps like this to narrow down which question/answer option to show. 

Thanks for the quick response - that is a bummer! Would love to see logic built into answers in a future product release. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Chief_LaurenM! We'll make sure to keep you posted in case we have news about that. In the meantime, since you're new to Typeform, why don't you share your form with us? We'd love to take a look at it and give you some feedback! Hope you have a great day! 😉

I have a similar questions.   I’m looking to have 50 words that people can choose from in the first questions. They need to pick a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 15.   Then with those choices it goes to the next questions to ask them to narrow it down again until they have 3.  Then those 3 would go to the final page and that would be the answer that they could then share on social media.