Answered

Passing information between typeforms

• 4 February 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi folks: 

Can anyone walk me through how to pass information from one type form to the next? 

Specifically, I’d like to create continuity between three forms -- would like the name from form #1 to be confirmed in form #2 (And then #3).

I made a hidden field, but don’t know how to connect is to the answer to a particular question, nor how to update the URL to recall info from the first form. 

Thanks for any help! 

icon

Best answer by Mariana 4 February 2021, 10:52

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @jojoapawlo. Thanks for joining our Community! 🥳

I'll walk you through the process with some screencasts: 

1. Create your 1st form 
  2. Create your 2nd form and add a hidden field. Click here to learn how you can add a hidden field

Extra tip: If you want to personalize your form even more, you can use recall information to show the hidden field in your questions (2nd form). Click here to see an example. 

1. Don't forget to hit publish when you're done with the 2nd form! 
  2. Go back to the 1st form and enable the Redirect on Completion feature. When you do that, paste the link of your 2nd form there, and replace the "xxxxx" from the hidden field with recall information. Don't forget to publish this form too :) Here is an example. 

This is the result you'll get. Following these steps, you'll be able to pass any information you want, from one typeform to another. Cool, huh? 🎉

I hope this helps! 

Userlevel 1

HI, Mariana: this is so helpful (especially the screen casts). Thank you! 

One followup question: I was able to bring the name from Form #1 into Form #2. Can I bring the name from Form #2 to Form #3, given that there is no question in Form #2 that provided the answer to the name? I cannot say name = (answer to slide #1, What is your name) as that only in Form #1. 

Thanks so much for attention and help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jojoapawlo - yes, you can! You can recall the hidden fields in the variables, which would allow you to continue passing information between forms. :) 

Userlevel 1

How would I do that? :) I am brand new to the platform. 

Form one to form two, in URL, (hidden_filed) = question in form that has the answer. 

Form two to Form three… what do I put in the URL? I tried (hidden_field) = (hidden_field), but that didn’t work. 

THANKS!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jojoapawlo I made a video here, which hopefully helps walk you through this better than me writing it out. If anything is confusing, let me know, and I can record another!

Userlevel 1

Thank you, Liz. It doesn’t seem to work, though… the hidden form variable isn’t actually pulling in any information from the other forms and it coming in blank. I DMed you more details, including the form.

thanks for your help!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jojoapawlo ! Our community is all about public discussions and is not geared for direct 1:1 support. Our support team has the tools to log into your form to help you faster. You can get in touch with them here. :) There, they’ll be able to take a closer look at this for you and see why the data isn’t passing.

Userlevel 1

Ah, gotchya. Forgive the faux pas :) I submitted a ticket. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @jojoapawlo I can see your request has been solved with our support team. =)

Woohoo! You can find the Help Center article here. Thanks for being part of this! 🚀

Ah, gotchya. Forgive the faux pas :) I submitted a ticket. Thanks!

how did you solve it?

Hello there,

This option doesn’t seem to be there anymore. Would you have an alternate solutions?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @dtine are you referring to the hidden fields option or the direct to URL option? If this is the case I added some screenshots to walk you through where to find them . Hope this helps.

Create a Redirect Ending by pressing the + button and click on ‘Redirect to URL’

You should get this screen. now you can paste your other hidden fields url here.

Now we can create a hidden fields url from the form you want to add data. Below I have opened my tutoring feedback form where I want to add the students name, Student ID, and the tutor they worked with so I can Easily find the student in the new form using their ID. Let us create that link to gather that information from the tutoring appointment form that we have above. 

First step is to click the Logic button and then click on Personalize with data

Now we can go ahead a click on Hidden fields and you should get this screen. Notice how I added the information that I want to collect from my other form to add to this form. Once you are done yo can click save.

now we can add those hidden fields anywhere in our form or just leave them and we will still be able to see that data in the results page. in my case I want to use these hidden fields within my typeform to show the name and tutor from my last form in one of my questions. to add this information while typing your question use the @ symbol and your hidden fields should show up.

Once you are done setting up your form we can get the link to add to our other form. to do this click on publish and the link should come up or click on share after publishing to copy the link.

Or click on share

Once we have that link we can paste it in our other Typeform. Notice how our link has ‘XXXXX’ after our hidden fields. We will need to replace those with the information we want to send from this form.

You can do this by deleting those Xs and replacing them with information from our current form by typing the @ symbol and your answers from the previous questions should come up.

Lastly we can change the url label and it should turn into a button when people reach that question while filling it out.

Awesome we just finished! 😎  now whenever someone fills out this form they will be redirected to the new form and their information will be transferred. Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks so much for sharing this, @Jsanchez204 ! Let us know if you need any help setting this up, @dtine !