Answered

Prevent duplicated submissions

Hello, I want to use Typeform for a Survey in my Company but I have to limit one answer per person. How can I do that? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mariana 15 March 2021, 10:42

View original

73 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kypros I added your post here where we have the answer. Let us know if you have any other questions! :grinning:

Why does Typeform not restrict the number of submissions from the same IP address within seconds? I understand monetization but I cant be the only person who has experienced this problem. People misuse surveys all the time and there should be some inherent logic instilled to avoid swaying survey results when Typeform is able to use technology so elegantly to create surveys in the first place.

I had just moved over to Typeform for my startup and I’m extremely disappointed! Not only did I have to spend hours trying to identify fake responses and delete them, I’m now at my monthly quota which is ridiculous! If you want to truly offer a product that enhances someone's productivity, then don’t let monetization through incorrect means be your strategy - any novice programmer can determine how to block multiple submissions from the same computer within seconds, its not rocket science by any means!

And there is no way to contact them except via a contact us form!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @urbangennie I’ve added your post here where we have some workarounds for the time being. While this isn’t a feature in our form, our product team is aware of the requests for it. We’ll post any updates that we have here. 

Additionally, if you have a Business plan or higher, you can contact our support through chat. 

Guys, I noticed that there are some very complex solutions and many people have already asked and asked for this functionality months ago.I would like to know if a more practical and efficient solution like the google form to limit only 1 response per email here in the typeform.This function would help users a lot.For the love of god, implement this for us users as soon as possible.

Why does Typeform not restrict the number of submissions from the same IP address within seconds? I understand monetization but I cant be the only person who has experienced this problem. People misuse surveys all the time and there should be some inherent logic instilled to avoid swaying survey results when Typeform is able to use technology so elegantly to create surveys in the first place.

I had just moved over to Typeform for my startup and I’m extremely disappointed! Not only did I have to spend hours trying to identify fake responses and delete them, I’m now at my monthly quota which is ridiculous! If you want to truly offer a product that enhances someone's productivity, then don’t let monetization through incorrect means be your strategy - any novice programmer can determine how to block multiple submissions from the same computer within seconds, its not rocket science by any means!

--------------

²

It really is very disappointing to be manually deleting duplicate answers for the simple fact that the typeform wants to monetize with the volume of answers.Alright, I understand and agree with the plan upgrades related to response volume.But not having an answer limit per person is extremely ridiculous.I feel completely disappointed and wronged.I've just purchased the plan and feel completely overwhelmed by the lack of options to limit duplicate responses.I have to spend hours and hours analyzing and exlcuando manually because the solutions presented by you are completely complex and impossible to be carried out.The google forms even has the function of limiting responses per person by the email entered.Why not put this option for us users who pay for the service?"Oh no, it's better to leave duplicate answers so idiots need to upgrade their plan first"Completely disappointed!
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @klebervacari this isn’t a feature we currently have in our product, but as noted above, our product team is aware of this and looking into this for future features. 

Hi!

We have a quiz for candidates. They can try as many times as want. There is a question for email collection. We don’t want them to fill in for second, third and whatever time.

for second time it’s easy. we can just sent link with ending: #email=canditates_email@gmail.com and get it via hidden field.

but when candidate came seconf time and logic helps him to skip email question. What we can do next? 

Best solution would be an option to assign variable to answer.

is it possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @William_ko I added your post here where we have possible solutions. 😀

Hello dear community, 

I am using Typeform for the first time, therefore I am still a bit unsure about how to use it. 
I am using Typeform for a quantitative survey as part of my master's thesis. Afterwards, I want to statistically analyse the data. I would like to give the questionnaire to a market research institute, but unfortunately I have noticed that a respondent can fill out the questionnaire more than once, which can falsify the results. 
I assume that there is a solution for this, so that I can ensure that each person only has access to the questionnaire once. 
Can you help me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cella I added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

I can only agree with all the negative reviews, because for me it is an absolute joke how one can provide a survey tool that does not even fulfil the basics for a scientific data collection. They have obviously been aware of the problem for over a year, but are not able to provide a solution, instead they want you to start "coding" yourself. 
wow. 
I have the feeling that the company puts more emphasis on "fancy" designs than on solid data collection.

Never again.

@Liz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cella Have you given any of the workarounds above a try at all? 😀

So new to typeform and need to check a couple things.

We have opinion staff engagement survey, that needs to be confidential (no email/names to be registered when they answer), and we also need to ensure that they only submit 1 response and not multiple. Is there a way to set this?!

Assuming the confidential side is easy as it is just a published link that we can email to them? In terms of the submissions, not sure how i can set this to 1 response only? Help ! :-) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LincolnJ I’ve added your post here where we have possible solutions for you. 😀

Hello everybody,

How can I avoid one person to take the survey several times?

I there any possibility to allow an access only for one time on the PC or phone? 

Regards 

how to make a user can only fill in the form once
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Anita Chaddad and @Plan de Acogida I’ve added your post here where we have some possible solutions for you. 😀

It is very difficult to prevent uninvited guests from being sent a link and filling it up when they are not on the guest list, this can be easily done by an invited guest sending across to her own friend so she can be on the list.

It is very daunting and not proctective for the host of the event. 

Is there a way, one person can fill a form and cannot refill again?

is there also a way to upload a guest list so responses are limited to the invited guests on the list ?

Really need help with this.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @bncfabs I’ve added your post here where we have some workarounds for you. 😀

Hey guys, 

New to typeform, I typically use Google Forms.

Is there a way to stop responders from submitting duplicate information? For example, the same email address twice.

This is quite simple in Google forms as all you need to do is click a check box “no duplicates”, I’m not seeing this in Typeforms anywhere, and searching on Google just returns results of users doing the form twice.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jay100000000 I added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

I have a registration form, and would like to know if there is a way to stop a user from signing up twice. I would like to know if it’s possible to flag a user when adding their phone number or email, explaining that they have already registered.

Is there any where I can add this logic to check previous responses to and stop the user from submitting.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @chase123 I’ve added your post here where we have some solutions for you. 😀

Hello,

How do I make sure every single person who opens and fills in the survey can only do this once? 
We've created a survey on behalf of our client and this question comes from them and I actually don't know the answer to this…

Thanks in advance if anybody can help me with this.

Best regards

Sana B.