Answered

Prevent duplicated submissions

Hello, I want to use Typeform for a Survey in my Company but I have to limit one answer per person. How can I do that? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mariana 15 March 2021, 10:42

View original

73 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sana B. I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

I only want to record one answer per person. For example: if I already have an answer registered with an email, I would not accept another answer with the same email. How can I do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mari_Quindim I’ve added your post here where we have some workarounds for this. 😀

Hemos detectado que una persona puede contestar varias veces a la una misma encuesta, no habría una manera de limitar que solo puedan responder una vez?

muchas gracias

-- Google Translation --

We have detected that a person can answer the same survey several times. Is there not a way to limit that they can only answer once?

thank you so much

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Eventos Santa happy little Friday! Thanks for stopping by the community. The language of the community is English, so I hope you don’t mind my reply in English. I’ve added your post here where we have the answer and some ideas for workarounds. 

I prefer the Typeform UI to GoogleDocs(which has features to prevent poll takers from repeat submissions) but no duplicate poll taking renders it unusable.  Someone could vote for the same candidate in a poll 100 times; someone could skew a product preference poll with infinite votes for their favorite item.  Please continue to pass a request for this feature up to R&D - this is a ground-level requirement for any polls I would plan to create.

Olá, 
Fiz uma pesquisa e gostaria de restringir para apenas uma resposta por IP. É possível?

-- Google Translation -- 

Hello,
I did some research and would like to narrow it down to just one answer per IP. It's possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Caarami10ujo Thanks for stopping by the community! The language of the community is English, so I hope you don’t mind my reply in English. 

I’ve added your post here where we have a few workarounds you can utilize. 😀

Minha pesquisa é completamente anônima, porém, preciso limitar a resposta. Tem como restringir a 1 resposta por IP?

Hello the community

is there a way to be sure that one person does not answer twice to a questionnaire?

thank you for your answers?

Kind regards

Lena

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @greekpoupoune thanks for stopping by the community! I moved your post here where we have an existing workaround for this. 😀

Hi,

i want to restrict my customer response only once.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Shailander Happy Monday! I moved your post here where we have an existing conversation with some workarounds. 

Hi I’m going to do a voting on a talent show

Which there will only be 1 questions with 10 teams name

how can I avoid people submitting the answer multiple times.

can I limit each person can only submit 1 time only?

thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @S Hub I hope you’re having a great Monday so far! I added your post here where we have an existing workaround for this. 😀

How to ensure that the same user wont submit his form multiple times?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lgalalahmed Welcome to the community! 😀 I added your post here where we have an existing conversation about this. 

Hello dear community! Is there a way for a quiz-typeform to validate whether the email entered has already responded to the form?

My idea is to create an entry quiz to qualify a person based on their interests. I will embed it on my Shopify site to serve as a commercial hook, offering a 10% OFF discount on the first purchase. If the user has already responded, I would like the form not to accept their response again.

Greetings!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Roberto Baro I added your post here where we have an existing conversation about this and some workarounds. 😀

Is it possible to create a quiz where users have a maximum of 3 entries? For instance they are identified by their email, and that specific address can only be entered 3 times. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jordankrijnen I added your post here where we have some existing workarounds for this. 😀

Hi Typeform community! Does anyone have experience collecting survey responses that are anonymous but ensure 1-result per person? Given we’ll have in-person iPads set up for them to take the survey option AND an option to to take it on their phone, it seems like cookies alone might not work. If possible, we’re trying to prevent taking emails/phone numbers to encourage more survey responses. 

We would appreciate any app integration or creative suggestions! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lg78 I added your post here where we have an existing discussion about this. 

While we don’t have this feature currently, our product team is actively working on it!