Answered

Prevent scroll past payment page

• 22 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi. I would like to prevent users from scrolling past the payment page if they haven’t made a payment.

I have used logic branches in other parts of the form to prevent users from scrolling past required questions that are multiple choice. How can I prevent users from scrolling down past the payment page if they haven’t paid.

icon

Best answer by Liz 23 August 2022, 16:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @botong If you have a payment question on the form, as long as there isn’t a logic jump skipping over it, the respondent will be required to enter their information before submitting the form. 

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your replying so quickly. I understand that no one will be able to submit the form unless they have paid but is it possible to prevent them from scrolling past the payment page if they have not submitted payment. 

To give you a little more detail on what I’m trying to achieve: I’m designing some quiz modules and I’ve put a payment page at the top of the typeform. I’d like to prevent anyone from scrolling past the payment page and seeing any of the quiz questions without first paying. 

I hope that makes sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@botong - i would recommend splitting the quiz into two separate typeforms - one that is only the payment part and then once they have completed that, you redirect them on completion to the actual questions. that way they will not get to the questions at all unless they pay. I would also add a hidden field for the redirect url and the question typeform that checks to see that the hidden field exists before letting the questions be shown

just a thought from the beach while on holiday

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

@botong - i would recommend splitting the quiz into two separate typeforms - one that is only the payment part and then once they have completed that, you redirect them on completion to the actual questions. that way they will not get to the questions at all unless they pay. I would also add a hidden field for the redirect url and the question typeform that checks to see that the hidden field exists before letting the questions be shown

just a thought from the beach while on holiday

des

That would require an upgrade to the ReDirect option correct?

Any other option?
Strange we can create logic from any other page but its blocked from the payment page