Answered

Quiz different outcomes question groups

• 2 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi guys,

We are building a Status Praesens test in Typeform.

Which area of your life needs some work and where to start to help you in a better state of being.

My goal is to reach out an outcome of which area of their live they could make a first change.

Every question group has different questions that relate to an area in your life. Personal, body, relations, spiritual, finance etc.

I ask the respondents to give a number from 1 to 5 to every statement.
Around 10 statements in every question group.

We gave every question 1 point, and the question group with the lowest rate should be the outcome of the test.

So the question is, how can we can we build this test so you have an outcome on a question group instead of the whole test.

Love to hear from you.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 2 April 2021, 13:55

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Godsanne - another good question. 

if you create a ‘subtotal’ variable for each question group (ie qg1_subtotal, qg2_subtotal, etc)  and add the points for each response to the appropriate subtotal, you would have the basis for the calculations that would drive your branching. 

after all the question groups had been completed, you would have to evaluate which variable had the lowest value and then route to the ending/outcome page you would want to present. 

the example at this link is only for a linear set of questions and for the ‘greatest value’ but should give you an idea of how this could be done for question groups

des

Hi @john.desborough,

Thanks for the reply above, I'm working on a similar test. I have one additional question though. I've created subtotals for every question group and adding points to the subtotals via branche logic & calculations in the advanced logic section. I have 12 different thank you screens (and 12 different question groups). 

Here an example of the logic:

How can I show the right thank you page? (Based on the subtotal with the highest score). I can see that I can use the jump logic to go to the thank you page, but it looks like I can only create a rule based on one variable?

I hope you can help me! :)

Best,

Anouk

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@fundarian - take a look at this simple example that i put together 

i ask for 3 numbers in the example and then set about determining if Q1 is the largest to go to one ending page and if not, to go to another. you would have to do similar evaluation chains for all the values of the subtotals, to determine which is the largest - my logic was based on the following approach

• if v1 - v2 gt 0, then add 1 to v1_greater_v2
  • if v1 - v3 gt 0, then add 1 to v1_greater_v3 
  • repeat for all the variables then check to see if all of the v1_greater_vN = 1, then it is the largest so jumpto the v1 ending page.. 

i have shown some of the variable set up in the first image below and then part of the logic branching below in the second image

hope this helps

des

Hi @john.desborough,

Thanks for the elaborate response! How do you determine if v1 is bigger than v2? Is it possible to detract different variables from eachother? Because I only have the option to add numbers in the field for comparison, not other variables..

Hoping to hear from you!

Best,

Anouk

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @john.desborough,

Thanks for the elaborate response! How do you determine if v1 is bigger than v2? Is it possible to detract different variables from eachother? Because I only have the option to add numbers in the field for comparison, not other variables..

Hoping to hear from you!

Best,

Anouk

@fundarian - here are three images of part of the logic to set the v1 is bigger than v2 or v3

hope that helps

des

Hi @john.desborough,

Thanks a lot for the response! Looking at this with having 48 questions with 5 point scales (12 question groups and endings) this will be quite the puzzle so I decided to solve it in another way (make use of multiple choice and outcome endings).

But thanks again for all of the help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @john.desborough,

Thanks a lot for the response! Looking at this with having 48 questions with 5 point scales (12 question groups and endings) this will be quite the puzzle so I decided to solve it in another way (make use of multiple choice and outcome endings).

But thanks again for all of the help! 

I have a 7 question group, 37 questions inside, maturity assessment that uses a 5 point scale as well, to calculate maturity (and make recommendations) for each question group ‘result’ as well as the overall.. based on where the sub/totals fit within a scale (5 possible states for each question group as well as 5 for the overall)

yeah, it is not the easiest thing in the world to do and my hand-drawn original logic map was more crumpled paper than ‘keepers’ lol.. but once solved, it can easily be replicated and scaled up or down for smaller surveys!

hang in there!

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

@fundarian, I have send you a personal message!