Answered

Removing the "Ok" or "Next" button

Hello,
since the new update I can't find the settings where I can make the button for OK or Next disappear until someone writes me an answer in the field. Does this setting still exist at all? Because now I have 3 surveys in the classic version and 3 in the new version. In the first three there is no way to get to the next question without writing something in. But in the other 3 surveys there is, where can I change this? In the introduction video this option is shown but it doesn't appear for me where I can make this button disappear.

icon

Best answer by Liz 3 May 2021, 18:20

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KMU Media thanks for asking! This is a great question. We haven’t had a setting like this in either the classic or new builder, but if you want to hide questions until the previous have been answered, you can use the following logic jump setup to prevent questions from appearing (and thus hiding the buttons until they enter their response). Would that help? :blush:

Hello Liz Thank you for your reply,
so when I click on the "question settings" in the classic version.Then I have the option to click on Required and my button disappears on the page.
As soon as someone writes something in, the butto appears. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KMU Media Ah, if you’re looking for the required setting in the new builder, you can find it as shown below: 

Yes, thank you, but when you do this with the classic version, the OK button disappears. does this not work with the new version? 

Thank you !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KMU Media We don’t have a guaranteed way to have the ‘ok’ button disappear either in the new builder or the old builder, but I’d suggest giving this a try, especially if you want to be sure that the respondent answers the question. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello dear typeform users,

I do have a question for you : the “next” / “Ok” button just disappeared from all my typeforms, resulting in a very poor UX for the very specific use i have from typeform.

Do you know how if it’s possible to parameter typeform to have this “next”/”Ok” button again ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Amaury

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Brousse Springsteen Thanks for stopping by! I’ve responded to your post on this. :) 

Userlevel 1

I notice there is an “OK” button on these type of questions, but as soon as a number on my 1-10 scale is selected, it jumps to the next question. 

Basically, the OK button is irrelevant. I’d really like it to work so if respondent wants to make a change they can do so.  

So, is there a way to do that?  ie., pick a number than hit OK?  

If not, why does typeform bother with putting up an OK button?

Thanks for any clarity you can offer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Craig Carr Thanks for stopping by the community! I added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

Userlevel 1

Thanks, but making the question required is not quite what I was looking for as I have done that already.

What I want is that when a number is selected on this type of question that the person ALSO has to tap the OK button before jumping to the next question.  This gives them a moment to change their minds.

Why even have an OK button if it doesn’t do anything? 

If I am misreading or not fully understanding these posts, please let me know. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Craig Carr Our product team tested this last year and found that the questions that had the ‘ok’ button and were required had higher rates of completion than those that had the question required but didn’t have the ‘ok’ button. 

Hopefully that helps clarify!

Hi @Craig Carr Our product team tested this last year and found that the questions that had the ‘ok’ button and were required had higher rates of completion than those that had the question required but didn’t have the ‘ok’ button. 

Hopefully that helps clarify!

It doesn’t really - the OK button is absolutely useless if the question moves on as soon as the user has made their selection. This is the case even for required questions, I just tested it, the question moves on instantaneously, as soon as the user has made their choice. I’m with Craig here, I want my user to be able to select their answer - say in a multiple choice set up - have a moment to change their mind if needed, then click OK to move on. As it is currently, the OK button is, quite literally, pointless.

In editing mode, the OK button is not visible. But as soon as I publish my form, it appears, rather erratically. With multiple choice fields set to required it makes absolutely no sense and is even misleading. 

This is definitely a serious misconception that is keeping me from buying a Pro plan or use typeform at all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BensonH thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience. I’ll share this feedback with the product team to help provide a bit clearer of an explanation as to why the ‘ok’ button is rather awkward. 

Hello,
One month ago BensonH (see below) posed the same PROBLEM with the OK button that users have been asking about for TWO YEARS. 

I just signed on for the PLUS plan.  If this problem has not been solved for two years even with the new version, it’s appearing to me that fixing problems for users is not a priority or even on Typeform’s corporate radar.

Do you see this problem with the OK button being fixed within the next month? I don’t want a workaround. I want the problem fixed. If this glitch is not going to be repaired within the next 30 days, I will find another platform that is focused on USER success not simply corporate success.

Thank you.  
PS I understand that you’re the messenger and have no control/power over corporate focus. I’m hoping they support their employees better than they are supporting users. 

BensonH

In editing mode, the OK button is not visible. But as soon as I publish my form, it appears, rather erratically. With multiple choice fields set to required it makes absolutely no sense and is even misleading. 

This is definitely a serious misconception that is keeping me from buying a Pro plan or use typeform at all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KaliMa Thanks for stopping by the community and sharing your feedback. I understand it’s frustrating not to have this feature implemented. At the moment, our product team is working on partial responses and captcha, two features which are highly requested and require quite a bit of work. Because of this, removing the ok button is not on the roadmap in the near future. 

I totally get that this may mean you need to find a different service that’s more fitting towards what you’re looking to build, but if you do decide to hang around Typeform, I’ll be happy to answer any questions you have!

Hi @KaliMa Thanks for stopping by the community and sharing your feedback. I understand it’s frustrating not to have this feature implemented. At the moment, our product team is working on partial responses and captcha, two features which are highly requested and require quite a bit of work. Because of this, removing the ok button is not on the roadmap in the near future. 

I totally get that this may mean you need to find a different service that’s more fitting towards what you’re looking to build, but if you do decide to hang around Typeform, I’ll be happy to answer any questions you have!

Appreciate the honesty, Liz

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@KaliMa I try my best! 😅 If you do think of any other questions or have any other feedback, feel free to send it our way.