Answered

Shipping Address

Userlevel 1

I’m just getting started with typeform and hoping that one of you can assist. I am creating a lenghty order form for a custom product and need to collect the customers shipping address. Is there an easy ay to do so without have to ask for:

• Street Address
  • City
  • State
  • Zip

I assumed there would be an address component but I cannot find one.

icon

Best answer by Mariana 30 March 2021, 11:36

View original

41 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@The Graphics Factory @Patty Stern @Wegs @DigiC @TMo @robertfromEAS @agreene @HenryAA @Oooooj @buenoamigo @Chinds 

It’s here! Our contact info block is available. :) While it doesn’t include an address field, it does include other information that might help reduce the amount of questions on your form. I’ll also share feedback about adding in the address field, too. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I like the simplicity of this solution. (The address type will be a welcome addition when it comes, but it will be a truly different type of data and require new validation, so I can imagine it is a much larger lift.) Typeform has effectively just allowed us to display multiple questions in a single screen, but the data payload is saved as if each question was on its own screen. I hope that this was implemented in a way that we will eventually see the ability to arbitrarily merge multiple questions into one screen. For example, I often like to have a final NPS screen, but I also like to have a general comments box. It is annoying to have that on two separate screens. The effort that Typeform spent to merge multiple contact info questions into a single screen should lend itself to being extendable to other merges in the not too distant future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TMo Thanks for the feedback! Do you mind sharing more about this? 

but the data payload is saved as if each question was on its own screen

Do you mean in the Results panel? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Sure, in the results panel, but, more importantly, the webhook payload appears exactly the same as if I had presented each question on its own screen (this makes my life easier, so thank you!):

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh, I see, @TMo , thanks! I’ll share this feedback with the product team. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello again, all! Just wanted to give an update - the product team is working on an address field! No updates yet as to the release date, but wanted to drop the good news on this Friday! 😀

Hi @Wegs our product team is working on a contact block as we speak. 😀 Stay tuned!

Hi @Liz !

Why is the contact block not containing address fields?

Do you plan to add this anytime soon? This is a dealbreaker for us, we cannot afford having separated questions for zipcode, city, street…

Thank you in advance !

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, @Liz !

We are making good use of typeform for our business in Korea!

But, we also need the address field for our customers😥

Could you make it possible to use the address field in international countries like Korea for this update?

We’re looking forward to your positive response!

Thank you :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi  @Wepick Oh! Glad to hear you’re making use of the forms over there! Do you mind sharing your form and/or what you do? 😀

I’m not sure how the address field will be built, but keep an eye on the community for any updates and information on how it will function. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Liz 

Thank you for your reply!

We’re making the test form for our customers who are raising young child.

To providing our service, we should collect our customers’ information including their address.

The type form is very useful for test production, but I think it would be a perfect help if there are an address field!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Got it, @Wepick . Thanks for sharing! 😁

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi  @Wepick Oh! Glad to hear you’re making use of the forms over there! Do you mind sharing your form and/or what you do? 😀

I’m not sure how the address field will be built, but keep an eye on the community for any updates and information on how it will function. 

@Liz , you and your teammate, Gaby Amaral, asked how the address field may be used. Let me give you an example. We are a mortgage company collecting clients’ info to analyze a loan. The client may have a house they need the credit for, and we need this address to check information on that house. Without this information, creating a form for us or any other company in the loan sector is impossible. 

Let me give you another example. Real Estate. Very common to ask for a full address. Very hard to create a form in this industry if you can’t ask for an address. Want to sale or rent your house?. Where are you located?. You can’t do this in Typeform. 

Huge sectors or industries worldwide need a complete address form or block and are left out of Typeform. I found having an address block such a common need for everyday business life. 

I hope this can get resolved soon. I asked the same on the VideoAsk forums where I have the same problem. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Great to see you added the new contact form feature! Things like this that mentally feel like one step for the customer have been problematic when Typeform forces you to ask them one by one 1) making the form feel very long 2) losing the option to use browser auto-fill. 

I’d be happy to see even more freedom here. I understand that it’s an essential part of Typeform philosophy that questions are asked one at a time but I believe it would be good that the form designer had the possibility to override this and group multiple questions in one step where it makes sense in their context. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the example, @MaxUnico ! This helps a lot. 😀

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for the example, @MaxUnico ! This helps a lot. 😀

Huge industries rely on information about home or business addresses. I know you want to keep Typeform or VideoAsk as a “simple question” solution, but I think you guys can come out with simple questions to get a full address. 

If I could, I would make a step 1 with “What’s your address?”, with two fields: “Enter full address” and “Apartment or Unit”. And a Step 2, “City and Zip code?”, with two fields, one for City and One for Zip Code. This way you don’t have a long form with 4 fields, it’s not Typeform’s philosophy, but you can keep it still simple as a 2 steps. My two cents. 

Thanks for the example, @MaxUnico ! This helps a lot. 😀

Is there any update when you will have the address block? I mean just allowing us to put “address” then the user could fill out the information. I was about to pay for this service, but it’s pointless if my potential leads can’t put their address in. 

Your team could have easily implemented something like this a year ago...