Answered

Super fancy logic needed

• 15 July 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there! I need to know if I can do a quiz where a person answers let’s say 8 questions with a selection of A, B, C, D choices. Here’s the logic I am considering:

If she answers with 4 or more As, she gets answer 1. If she answers with 4 or more Bs, she gets answer 2, and so on. First of all, I assume this logic is possible. What do I do for the people who answer an assortment of A, B, C, D?

Would there be then 5 possible outcomes - 4 or more A, B, C, D and then an answer for people who have an assortment?

What do I do if I want to have more possible outcomes than 5? Increase the number of questions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 15 July 2021, 17:21

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Satya Welcome to the community! If you haven’t already taken a peek at this article, it might be a good start to learn how to setup an outcome quiz, which is quite similar to what you’re looking for. The only tricky part is setting logic jumps according to the number of A/B/C answers they provide. 

For some reason, I’m drawing a blank on if this logic is possible, but @john.desborough might have set up something similar to this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Satya @Liz - it’s all possible.. 

suggest, @Satya , that you start with the outcomes that you want and lock down the number that you want to have. 

then you can do one of two thing, use the outcomes mapping (the simplest thing) BUT what happens in the event of a tie?? that is the question 

you can use branching and calculations in the adv logic area to do this and to account for ties as well (i recently did that for a client that had 12 outcomes.. that was apain..) 

there are some other posts in the community where i have laid out the essence of the logic approach for this type of process BUT you should lock down the outcome pages you want first and foremost 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can I pay you to do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Can I pay you to do this?

@Satya - the best place to look for folks to do this type of work is in the Typeform Agency Partner listing at this link.  If you can’t find anyone there who can meet your requirements, let me know and we can try to figure something out.. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

You are awesome! Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Satya - now if only the web team at Typeform can work with their provider to get the page to load properly for the partner directory, that would be great (both marketing team at typeform and the support team - via a ticket submission are aware and working on it) 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

I did notice that. Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I still can’t get through to the partner directly so I have been unable to move forward.

I really need to move forward.

I have seven outcomes. At it’s simplest, if I have 7 questions with 6 answers each (A-F) then I can have 4 or more As = outcome 1, 4 or more Bs = outcome 2, and so on through outcome 6, correct?

Then if someone answered a hodgepodge and not mostly anything the outcome would be number 7, is that correct?

Is this something that is easily done with the Typeform logic? 

Thank you so much. I am looking at other info as well in the community, but don’t see anything that is exactly what I need. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Satya - you are on the right path to figuring it out. 

des