Where are you working from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12699 replies

Some of you here know that I travel a fair amount (and by fair, I mean 90% of the time), so I figured it might be fun to create a post with workplace views! Here’s mine today out near Yellowstone. :heart_eyes:

365 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz Yup! This is them before the Marie Kondo effect! Hahaha!

HAHAH well, thank goodness they’re taking on your lifestyle and going minimalistic, @Paulo !

I’m so jealous that you two wore the same size, @Gabi Amaral ! Makes it so fun to share clothes! My sister and I are almost the same size, so it’s not as fun, even as adults. :joy:

@Gabi Amaral They’re 21 and 17 now. Everything is easier now that I can talk to them like grown ups!:sweat_smile:

@Liz Once they grasped the concept and saw some results, there’s no turning back on the minimalism.lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahaha yes @Liz but we'd have a lot of arguments over clothes as well! It only became better when we were older. :sweat_smile:

@Paulo now it should definitely be easier to talk to them! Do they speak Portuguese??

@Gabi Amaral Yes, they speak Portuguese fairly well, although we use Japanese in the daily conversation because it’s easier for everyone. (They were born here and I'm living here for more than 30 years, so we’re pretty much Japanese lol)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah I understand! I'm sure knowing these languages will be very helpful for them! :heart_eyes:@Paulo I almost moved to South Korea in 2000 for a couple of year with my family and now when I think of it, I'm like "it'd have been AMAZING be able to speak Korean as well as other languages!"

@Liz How was Thanksgiving for you? Where are you at the moment? :joy:

@Gabi Amaral Wow! South Korea is an amazing country to live. There's a little bit more culture gap to learn and respect than Japan, but even so...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh yes? @Paulo Have you ever been? One of my frustrations is that I've never been to Asia! There are so much to see over there that I don't even know where to start! 

Where were you guys in the weekend? Any interesting day trips? @john.desborough @belinda_long @Michaela 

@Gabi Amaral Yup! It’s a 2 hours flight, so we spend the weekend in South Korea sometimes.

You can say that again! Asia is so big and so culturally rich that you need a lifetime to see it all! It's never too late to start.:grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello hello hello guys!

Regarding the talk that’s been going on, I’d just like to say that I am super jealous of every kid in this world that is bilingual. It must be so great to have ‘commands two languages’ in your starter pack :relaxed:

Anyway @Gabi Amaral my weekend was very chill. I spent some time with my family and read a book :sweat_smile:It was perfect. So no day trip from me, really. I have a different question, though! ‘Tis the time of the year when I’m panicking because it’s almost Christmas. And I am the person who always gives books to people. Just because :heart: books :heart: right? Are there any books you discovered in 2021 that were just splendid? 

@Gabi Amaral @john.desborough @Paulo @Liz and the rest of the folks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahaha a weekend in South Korea sounds like a dream, @Paulo! This is one of the things I like about Europe as well. Everything is so close that it's always possible to spend weekends in a completely different country! 

@Michaela Ooooh, books books books, yeaaah! Well, lately I've been a little bit obssessed over the Italian author Elena Ferrante. Have you ever heard of it? I suggest you start with the Neapolitan Novels (Four books that tell the story of two friends since their childhood until they're old! - First book is "My Brilliant Friend", second one is "The Story of a New Name", third one "Those Who Leave and Those Who Stay" and the last one is "The Story of the Lost Child"). I read all of it in less than two months because I couldn't stop reading! Her other books are very nice as well such as "The Lying Life of Adults"! 

Let me know if you have good advices as well!! I'm always after good book recommendations! :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

happy monday y’all.. 

Yesterday we had 10 cm of snow. Overnight about 20. This afternoon they are talking about freezing rain and then a flash freeze overnight down to about -20C 

But yesterday was a good day to take the ladies outside and have a little fun in the snow.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello my friends! I'm back! @john.desborough @Paulo @belinda_long @Michaela @TFJunkie 

Well, I'm still traveling but back to work. Now, I am in Berlin and it's very cold! A lot of snow as well, Des! :snowflake:

I had a wonderful time in the last week. Visited Brussels, Bruges, Luxembourg, Cologne and Munich! Very intense and touchy experience. Lots of Christmas markets, gluhwein, wurst, snow! I even witnessed a protest anti-vax in Luxembourg and saw the singer Stromae (alors on danse) in the streets of Brussels! 

I'll be sharing some photos here if you're interested! To start with, here's one of a Christmas market in Cologne, Germany! I was impressed by this city, people were very friendly and delicious food! They're also very open-minded! :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello guys!! Where have you been? I'm still in Berlin and I went to a medieval Christmas market yesterday as you can see in the photo below. 

Today I'm going back to Barcelona! Pretty excited about that because I should meet with the team in the office this week! Soon, we should have some nice photos to send here! :heart_eyes:  @john.desborough  @Paulo @Michaela @Liz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello hello all! Sorry for my quietness - been working on some year-end projects!

I’m currently working in-flight on the way to Barcelona to meet some of the folks I haven’t met! I suppose they should know if I’m real or not. 

Also, I hope the move went well, @paulo!

Sorry everyone for being away for a while!

The moving was completed successfully, thank all for the good luck wishes:smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yaaaay, @Liz's in da house! Can't wait to meet you in persoooon! :heart_eyes:

Congrats @Paulo! Very happy that everything went well! Now you'll probably have a very cozy Christmas in your new house! :blue_heart: Looking forward to the photos!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The whole team is in the office today!!!! So nice to see (meet) everyone! :blue_heart:

I couldn't be more excited to be here since we'll be having our last webinar of the year with the girls of Bellini Slushie! Yaaay! 

@James and I will be waiting for you over there!!! @john.desborough @Paulo @Michaela @belinda_long @TFJunkie @Kosta 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Very excited about the webinar, guys! That’s the kinda information literally everyone (a bit of hyperbole there :sweat_smile: ) is looking to learn!

Great to hear that you all got to meet in the office. Virtual hangouts are pretty good but in-person interaction is still in-person interaction, right :handshake:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yaay! Were you able to attend the webinar, @Michaela? I didn't see you in the chat! The webinar was incredible! @john.desborough was there helping a lot of people with his suggestions (as usual!). Kudos to @James and to Ali and Tzeying for making it happen!

How are you doing in the new house, @Paulo? Now that the moving is done, I assume you're beyond happy and relaxed!

I'm travelling tonight to Porto to be with my family for Christmas! Very excited about it! Will definitely drink some Port on your behalf! Hehehehe

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yay to all the wine, @Gabi Amaral ! Pics or it didn’t happen!

I’m still over in Barcelona. My friend from the states arrived on Saturday evening, and I had thought she had been here before, but she hasn’t! So she’s been out during the day doing touristy things, and in the mornings and evenings I’ve been showing her places I really liked when I spent longer periods of time here. I also realize that I, still, have not been to as many tapas places as I had thought. 

We went to Elsa y Fred last night, which was just a few steps away from the first apartment I stayed in here, and the food was so good!

Duck with mango chutney
Very fancy patatas bravas and burrata with soy and balsamic sauce

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

food looks great @Liz !

@Gabi Amaral I’ll need to wait another week before I can be happy and relaxed in my new place. December is a quite complicated month for me as I need to review and realign all the projects in motion for the next year, but hopefully one more week and I'll be relaxing until January 6.:grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I bet the break will be so nice, @Paulo ! You’ve had a busy month. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahaha I still haven't drank wine here in Porto @Liz, but as soon as I do, I'll post some photos here! Your food tour in Barcelona looked so great! Feel free to drop some recommendations for us! 

The weather here in Porto is so nice! It's sunny and not that cold. Usually it's colder inside than outside the house! Houses are definitely not prepared for winter like they are in Canada (Hey @john.desborough!)

​​​@Paulo Very busy month, yes, but I'm happy you accomplished so much. I'm sure you'll have time to enjoy your new house on your break!

Last but not least, @belinda_long is back to Australia and I'm dying to see some photos of it!!! I miss Aus! :flag_au: ​​​​​​​

@Liz @Gabi Amaral True! I’m really looking forward to this Winter break! T-minus 2 days and counting:laughing: