Where are you working from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12702 replies

Some of you here know that I travel a fair amount (and by fair, I mean 90% of the time), so I figured it might be fun to create a post with workplace views! Here’s mine today out near Yellowstone. :heart_eyes:

365 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough oh, that's good! I'm dying to get my boost but Portugal and Spain have been so slow about it!! I think I'll end up getting it in Brazil (Everyone my age already got their third dose over there and in Portugal is over 50 and Spain over 40!). Just don't know how I can verify that when I return to Europe but I'll find out! 

@Paulo wooow, a lot of bureaucracy! I agree with you, better to just keep the permanent one. And your kids have both citizenships (Brazilian and Japanese)? 

@Liz I imagine the desolation of being back! Specially after an amazing trip you've had! Are you a big fan of oysters? To me, it's the only seafood that I'm not crazy about...Still, waiting for the photos!

@belinda_long I know you're working now from Australia but don't forget to post some pics here of your camping trip!!! Dying to see these Aussie outbacks! :heart_eyes:

What about you @TFJunkie and @Mark.T! What have you been up to lately? 

@Gabi Amaral Japan is one of the few countries in the world where birthright citizenship is nonexistent. So my daughters, even being born and raised in Japan, has the same Brazilian citizenship as me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woooow, I didn't know that, @Paulo! I love how you guys are always teaching me something new! 

Do you happen to know what are the other countries? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

some days you cannot win. today was back to school day from remote learning …. until mother nature decided to send us 25-40 cm of snow.. so remote learning again today… 

when i got up this morning at 5, there jus a dusting of snow on the table and maybe three (3) inches of snow alongside that chair.. the table is 24 inches high as is the arm of the chair.. so .. somewhere close to 16 inches or 36 cm of snow (some drifting but loving it!!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh my god, @john.desborough! That's a lot of snow! Hahaha I instantly remembered of my trip to Montreal during the winter. Look at my Uggs and my baby face! 

How was the school day for you little one? Are you kids back to school as well, @Paulo? I'm getting excited to go to Brazil and enjoy the summer a little bit! Hehehe

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - such a cutie! (can I actually say that lol?) 

remote school yesterday was ok.. including making snow angels n the yard.. until snow went down the back of her coat lol.. 

today - finally!!!! - she is back at school after being at home for a month. a little dance of joy 

here’s the ‘morning after’ view after a total of 48 cm of snow fell. and the temperature dropped about 15C … only -26C with the windchill

@Gabi Amaral Schools continue to function normally in Japan, so nothing has changed for me.

@john.desborough Wow! 48 cm of snow is a lot of snow to shovel! You deserve one more cup of coffee!:coffee:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahaha, of course you're allowed, @john.desborough! Can you believe I was 22 years old on this photo? OMG, time flies! One of the first thing I did when I first saw the snow was the angel..ooh, and ofc, the snowman! :joy:  I wonder how hard it is for the kids to stay focused in a class via computer! 

@Paulo Ah, that's good! And how the new house is treating you? How the adaptation going?

Ah guys, I'm so excited today! I'm flying to Brazil! :flag_br: Yaaay...will have the same taste as @belinda_long of going back home after a lot of time! Will make sure to send photos over here! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I wanna know what the temp is in Rio, @Gabi Amaral … 

here, in the igloo,

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow, @john.desborough !! All that snow!! I’m not too terribly far from you, heading back to Minnesota late tonight, but thankfully it isn’t snowing this week. Last week’s snowfall was way too much. 

@Gabi Amaral we need Rio photos!!

@belinda_long how is australia? Is it strange being back? 

and @Paulo how are things in your corner of the world? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

OMG, @john.desborough, how can you even wake up with this temperature?? Good thing the houses are well prepared to this weather, right? Temperatures here in Rio are great as usual! I took this photo on Thursday when I arrived! I went for a run in Ipanema beach and it was 27 C at 7:30 pm! 

It feels amazing to be back home! You guys had to see my mom's face (it was a surprise, she thought I'd arrive in the end of the month). She thought I was a ghost!!! :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - well done! on the surprise and on being ‘the girl from Ipanema’.. lovely photo

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahahaha I always make this silly joke! Yesterday I went to the beach again to watch the sunset. In Arpoador (a place close to Ipanema), everyone applauds the sunset! I think I already mentioned that here somewhere! 

Check this out: 

I'm a huge fan of sunsets! Wherever I go, I try to find the place point of the city to watch it. If you have recommendations for Ottawa and Kyoto (@Paulo), let me know! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Here I am with more photos of Rio! This one shows the Christ, the redeemer and the silhouette of Rio de Janeiro! This place is a very typical one where people go to watch the sunset and have a beer with their friends. Pretty amazing! Wishing you all an incredible weekend! @john.desborough @Paulo @Michaela @Olgasolo @belinda_long :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

ok ok.. enough with the warm sunsets on the beaches lol.. while i have to deal with -35C temps this weekend.. I will admit that even when it is that cold outside, we are blessed to have this little spot in which to work.. er play.. I told @Liz i would post this .. 

don’t get me wrong, i love the pool inside the house - i even know where the play dates will be for the little one as she gets older - but it was not the real reason we bought it. The missus originally planned to drain the pool and put a floor over it and make it a gym/playroom. Until the engineer said that the cold weather here would crack the concrete of the pool if it was not filled in … now she loves to go for a float a few days week. 

I’’ve even parked the laptop on the side of the pool as a standing desk and enjoyed being in the water lol.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woooow, @john.desborough! I'm very jealous of you! It seems to be amazing! And how's the water temperature in it? This is an amazing investment you have over there! Hehehehe 

I used to go to the pool very often when I was growing up. I used to live in a building with two pools..and all of my friends would meet over there and spend the day together! Old good days! :blush: I'm surre your little one will keep enjoying as she gets older! 

@Liz We have another month of winter ahead of us, but it looks like the worst is over! February is usually the coldest month of the year, but this year it seems like nothing can beat January.lol

@Gabi Amaral For a beatiuful sunset in Kyoto, you can try the Shogunzuka Viewpoint. But if you ask me about sunrise best spot, the best sunrise I've ever seen in my life was at the top of Mount Fuji. Worth every tear shed on the way up.:joy:

@john.desborough Do you have an indoor pool? Now I'm jealous!lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And what about the volume of snow you guys get over there, @Paulo? Higher in January or February?

Woooow...top of Mount Fuji? That seems to be incredible!!! How did you manage to be there for sunrise? Come on, tell us more about this experience! I'm super curioussss!! :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabi Amaral I’m so jealous of all your photos! I miss the warmth! 

We’re having a massive blizzard here today (worse than the one I got stuck in-air on a flight back to Chicago last week!). I’m trying to get more steps in my day by talking mini-walks outside, so when I venture outside later today, I’ll take a photo for you all to see. If you can even see anything since it’s a blanket of white snow. :joy:

@john.desborough THAT POOL!! Sounds like we’re having a Typeform meetup at your house!

@Paulo come on, you know! Pics or it didn’t happen!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz  - we ae supposed to get the storm soon…. can’t wait!

and this is what it will be like during the weather outside:

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You should visit me here in Brazil, @Liz!! I'd love to show you around! (Don't forget to send us that photo!)

@john.desborough Amazing drawing skills! Hahaha and OMG, I almost died with this photooo! You two are so cute togetheeeer! (Btw, totally agree with Liz on this one...next community meeting should be on your house!) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - the flop house and grill is open.. gimme till Sunday to get the guest igloo finished and we are on the way!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This weekend I visited a park nearby my place here in Rio called Parque Lage. A beautiful atmosphere with lots of trees and fresh air! Took this photo (You can also see the Christ, the redeemer on this pic): 

I also have a useless fun fact about this park! :joy: 

Snopp Dogg and Pharrell Williams filmed the video for the song "Beautiful" over here! (I'm sure you all know this song! @john.desborough @Paulo @Michaela). Here's a shot from the video with one of the constructions you can find on this park: 

Happy week to all of you!

@Gabi Amaral In the area where I live, we have almost no snow. Snow a few days in December and February, but it hardly accumulates.

Mount Fuji, what an experience! The climbing season for Mt. Fuji is from early July to early September. In other periods and during the snow season, climbing Mt. Fuji is prohibited. In summer, people start climbing around 9PM to make to the summit before 4AM and watch the sunrise.

@Liz I’ll try to find physical photos, because when I climbed Mt. Fuji it was way before digital photos existed.:joy:

They use to say that climb Mt. Fuji once means wisdom, but climb twice means dumbness.lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahahaha curious to check these photos, @Paulo! Did you happen to have a long hair/hippie phase? :joy:

And with whom were you climbing Mount Fuji with? Tbh, I'm thinking, if someone is up to this adventure, just keep that person/ group in your life for good!

I've been wanting to go hiking in a few places here in Rio but the weather has been weird lately..so let's check when I can do it! As soon as I get one of these views, I'll post some pics over here! :wink:

Ah, I'm tagging @Soraya_CHOICE here as she's in Sydney and I'm sure she should be working from a very nice place on this beautiful city! John (Des) is in Canada and Paulo is in Japan, Soraya! We use this thread to post cool pics of where we are working from! :stars: