Where are you working from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12699 replies

Some of you here know that I travel a fair amount (and by fair, I mean 90% of the time), so I figured it might be fun to create a post with workplace views! Here’s mine today out near Yellowstone. :heart_eyes:

365 replies

@Gabi Amaral Yes, I had my long hair phase when I was drumming for a rock band. Anyway, I'm already in debt with @Liz  to post here one photo from the long hair era. I guess I'll need to make the time to go through all the old photo albums in search of these photos.:joy:

I climbed Mt. Fuji with some friends, but the climbing is so hard that you automatically bond with all the other crazy folks that made it to the summit.lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah yes, I remember that! Oh @Paulo, you have no idea of how much I want to see these photos! Hahaha :joy: Did you have a long hair phase as well, @john.desborough ?

It's actually really nice to bond with strangers in these situations. It's like people become best friends when they are doing that Santiago de Compostela walk! I haven't done anything like that (yet), but if I ever change my mind, you'll be the first ones to know! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Passing by to wish you all a great weekend! The week was pretty intense over here but happy that everything is working out! Hope you have fun! :blue_heart:@Liz @Grace @Paulo @john.desborough @belinda_long @Michaela @Soraya_CHOICE @talon256 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is not exactly where I am at the moment, but I took this photo yesterday while I was chilling at the beach with my best friend! After a rainy week in Rio, we finally had the honour to get this sun! :sunny:

What about you? How's your view at the moment/ in the weekend? @john.desborough @Liz @Paulo @belinda_long @Michaela 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, all! Happy Monday! I had some unexpected time with family last week….and this ADORABLE pup!! My sister has been dog-sitting for friends to see if she can manage to keep one of her own alive. This is Daisy, who is 7 and the sweetest thing. 

@Gabi Amaral it looks so warm there!!

@Paulo I hope you searched through those photos! Need to see the long hair!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello Daisy! Hahaha I'm sure your sister will be able to keep one alive and happy, @Liz

I have a cousin who has two cats. At first, I wouldn't like cats that much..but after spending a week with them, I cannot leave their alone, they are so cute and lovable! :heart_eyes:

Are you a dog or a cat person (or maybe both)? @john.desborough @Paulo 

@Liz I've already scheduled a time this weekend to searched through the old photo albums!:joy:

Daisy is the most photogenic pup ever!!

@Gabi Amaral I’m definitively a dog person!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral @Liz - by nature, more of a dog person but both cats and dogs seem to love me - and i am ok with that.. 

a friend of mine had 3 cats, none of which would ever come out to visit anyone else but Jayne’s mom and me. I would drop by for coffee and within 5 minutes, all three cats would be on me. lol.. and both her European Boxers will be sitting at my feet or trying to move the cats from my lap lol.. all five of them around me.. Only Jayne gets that type of attention and she is their ‘keeper’ lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Paulo Waiting for this photo like this…

Kudos to you, @john.desborough! :clap_tone2: Hahaha I like cats because they're very independent! However I do like dogs as well, can't decide which kind of person I am! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey guys! How are you doing today? Passing by to let you know I'm in São Paulo! Came here to visit some friends, have some good food and of course, check out some nice museums! 

This is a photo I took yesterday in a very famous street from here that it's called Oscar Freire. This mural has a paiting of a very famous street painter called Eduardo Kobra. His paitings are all over the world!

Whereabouts are you now? @Paulo @john.desborough @Michaela @Liz @Grace 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Gabi Amaral That’s an awesome mural! I never made it to São Paulo when I visited Brazil many moons ago, would love to go back one day and explore some more! 

I’m in Barcelona as usual, sun is shining today :sunny: it’s been quite warm actually might have to go for a walk at lunch time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Good for you, @Grace! I heard some friends saying the weather is pretty nice in Barcelona! :sunny:

Hey @talon256! I forgot to introduce you on this thread. Over here, we're usually talking with folks all over the world and it's basically about traveling and where we are at the moment! By the way, I'm curious to know, are you in Utah?

Badge +2

@Gabi Amaral, Utah indeed. South of Silicon Slopes area in Provo, for the time being. Moving to Kingman, AZ in a few short months. Today I’m looking out my window across 8in of melting snow! Already got my workout in shoveling the driveway this morning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahaha amazing @talon256 ! Do you like Provo? What about Kingman? You'll be super close to Vegas and in the heart of the route 66, right?! Hope you're excited for this big change! 

While most of you are dealing with the winter ( @john.desborough @Paulo @Liz...), I'm in Brazil with the AC on (30°C outside)! :flag_br:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

it’s that time of year when we get warm air masses coming up from the southern States and cold artic air down from the north… depending on which gets here first, we often end up with freezing rain like last night … it’s quite pretty outside with ice coating the trees and fences… 

not so much on the roadways lol.. but that is a different story lol.

cheers

des

Badge +2

Here’s my view from the halfway point on my lunch break hike/walk the last two days. Snow is almost gone from the few days of heavy storms last week. 

Badge +5

Looks like a really relaxing lunch break hike @talon256 looks like the was some snow there recently. ❄

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Happy Friday everyone!

My view isn’t very interesting, but I do have the occasional visitor…

She has a wonderful habit of sleeping all day and then as soon as I get in a meeting, waking up and walking round the flat meowing very loudly! :see_no_evil:

Badge +5

She’s so cute! 🐱

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

welcome to March here in Ottawa - this photo is from 9pm last night as the snow fell.. love the ‘night photo’ setting on my phone.. very peaceful snowfall.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh wow, great photo @john.desborough! Looks very peaceful. It’s raining in Barcelona today, not very picture worthy :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello!! I'm not in vacations anymore but I'm still traveling in Brazil. I'm currently in Natal, Rio Grande do Norte. Such a beautiful capital with amazing beaches! I haven't taken a nice photo of here yet, but as soon as I have it, I'll send it here!

I can't imagine how cold it is to you @john.desborough and @talon256! Where have you guys been in the last weeks? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ok, so now I do have some nice photos of Natal, Rio Grande do Norte do send it here! Hehehe. Actually, there are some other cool pictures I took during my days in the Northeast of Brazil. 

Now I'm back to Rio de Janeiro (which is pretty cool), but the weather is really bad! It feels like I'm in Barcelona! Hahaha. 

Where are you at the moment @Michaela and @Liz? Any exciting traveling plans? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - those are beautiful… an amazing vacation for sure.. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

i was actualy going to go to ukraine in the summer, but with all this crazynes going on, it looks like there will be no ukraine left by then, what a shame..