Attaching Files in Zapier

• 28 July 2021
  • 8 replies
Attaching Files in Zapier
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12699 replies

Looking to attach a file through a Zapier zap? Follow the steps below to allow files uploaded in your Typeform to appear in your other applications.

1. Make sure you have connected your typeform to Zapier. Check out Zapier’s help center article here on how to create your first zap. 

2. On the live version of your form, submit a real response, including one with a file. 

3. In the app you’d like to send your Typeform data to, find the file upload field that looks like the one below. Note that there are two different file upload data options. You’ll want to choose the one that says, “Exists but not shown.”

sPGjrMu8eEd2h-5rEDdM7FUsZAIbDnyzoTaNNZrbs0w9ts97dpUaGW0s4sor77YxInfgIHwyGDmUD2lRcduADb8LuJuAsA176myeSXTza3qiM-PnQUJcc96jQ-RKo-T-nb6laMUV

4. Now, you should see the file attach in your other applications! 

PlLdll3oXq08Cg46s2z7UzHY5fKvid8iB0vUst50JRXlv_vn2BfqAWjnTaw8ucSybwVyxecO4I6JfVE5gh-FacTCBdT4SEn8oPIRLDxeuSUXbeP3egvCNrtt2FauI0k-i4TGiwFM

If you have any trouble setting this up, drop a comment below, and we’ll be happy to help!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - “awesome sauuuuuucccce” !!

thank you 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough welcome! 

https://media.giphy.com/media/T4gMNMn9qF5wQ/giphy.gif

Why does Typeform change the filename when passing it to Zapier? Filename is then incorrect in the email, or for whatever else you do with it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Why does Typeform change the filename when passing it to Zapier? Filename is then incorrect in the email, or for whatever else you do with it.

Hi @jarednw 

You are right, the filename becomes {random_string}_{original_filename}

I think this is made to prevent name collision on our servers in case someone uploads two files with the same name, so we don’t override the first one.

Hi! Can this also be done via MS Outlook?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @CHLOEHYMAN If you’ve got your Zapier account connected to your Outlook account, I don’t see why this wouldn’t work. 😀

When setting up the zap, the two choices pertaining to adding an attachment aren’t available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Could you send a screenshot of the setup, @CHLOEHYMAN ? Additionally, you’ll want to be sure all of the changes to your form are published and that you’ve had a response submitted with a file uploaded.