Compliance & Security

Compliance & Security 101: Troubleshooting login issues

• 16 November 2021
  • 7 replies
Compliance & Security 101: Troubleshooting login issues
Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Typeform community, 

I'm Carlota from the Typeform Compliance Support team. Nice to meet you all👋!

We know sometimes you might find unexpected errors when trying to log in to your Typeform account but do not worry, we’re here to help with these issues. Let's have a look at some of the most common reasons Typeform is spitting error messages at you when you try to log in...

To get started, we can differentiate between two different types of logins:

Regular login vs. Social login 

Most of our customers use their email address and a password to log in: this is what we call regular login. However, recently we released social login, which allows you to create your Typeform account through Google or Microsoft. Customers that created their Typeform account this way will need to log in by clicking the button that says ‘Sign in with Google/Microsoft’ and won’t need a separate password to access the account. 

Taking this into account, you won’t have a password if you signed up through Google or Microsoft, so you won’t be able to use the "forgot password" button in this case. Keep in mind that if you forget your Google or Microsoft password, you will need to follow a password recovery process for these services separately. 

Please note that you won’t be able to change the email address associated with your account if you signed up through social login. However, if you need to disconnect your account from Google or Microsoft or you need to change the email address in your account, we can make an adjustment to the account so you can log in regularly.  You can contact our Support team to make this change. 

One of the common issues you can run into if you use regular login is…

Account locked

This happens when you make too many login attempts with the wrong credentials. Then you’ll see a message saying ‘Your account is locked. Please contact your administrator.’

Do not worry, you should be able to unlock your account yourself. When your account gets locked, you will receive an email from Typeform titled “'Account Locked'. Remember to check your Spam folder. Once you find the email in your inbox, you only need to click on the button that says “Unlock account” and then follow the instructions. Once you’ve completed all the steps you will see a message saying “Account successfully unlocked”. 

If you don’t receive our emails or you are unable to unlock the account yourself, please contact our Support team and we will unlock it for you.

Also, don’t forget to take a look at this Help Center article that goes into more detail about different login issues you may encounter. 

And last but not least…

Account verification 

When you create your Typeform account, you will receive an email to verify you are the owner of the email address you are using for your account. 

To activate your account, you will need to access this email titled “Activate your Typeform account” and click on the button that says “Activate my account”. Please note that the button is only valid for 2 hours. If you don’t activate your account, you won’t be able to log in. 

If you don’t find this email in your inbox, check your Spam folder. Our activation emails sometimes land there. However, if you have created an account but you don’t receive our activation email in your inbox and spam folder, please contact our support team. They will help you activate your account. 

I hope you find this useful but if you have any doubts or issues accessing your account, please feel free to contact our support team. Also, keep an eye out in the Community as we will be posting more account and compliance tips in the following weeks. If there’s anything specific you’d like us to talk about, please let us know in the comments section below :slight_smile:

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is an awesome guide, thanks for sharing @carlota.burrel :pray:  Hopefully this will help a lot of folks avoid the misery of not being able to log into Typeform (which, for me, is worse than getting frozen out of my Netflix account)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow, so helpful @carlota.burrel! Thanks for bringing your knowledge and expertise into our community. Great post!

Oh yeah @James, I usually freak out when I'm not able to login on my Typeform account. But you have to agree that frozen out of Netflix is also really bad! :joy:

Userlevel 3

:point_right: Awesome stuff @carlota.burrel  definitely will be helpful when coming across those issues on the platform.  :point_left:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you for this, @carlota.burrel !! :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This is an awesome guide, thanks for sharing @carlota.burrel :pray:  Hopefully this will help a lot of folks avoid the misery of not being able to log into Typeform (which, for me, is worse than getting frozen out of my Netflix account)

@James - isn’t it your missus that changes the Netflix password on you whenever the honey-do list gets over 25 items??? lol.. jk.. honest.. i would NOT know about that sort of thing personally.. lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@carlota.burrel - awesome set of information. This should make is much easier for folks to get into their accounts.. very well done.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is an awesome guide, thanks for sharing @carlota.burrel :pray:  Hopefully this will help a lot of folks avoid the misery of not being able to log into Typeform (which, for me, is worse than getting frozen out of my Netflix account)

@James - isn’t it your missus that changes the Netflix password on you whenever the honey-do list gets over 25 items??? lol.. jk.. honest.. i would NOT know about that sort of thing personally.. lol

:joy: haha you’re not far off the mark @john.desborough Actually you’ve just given me an idea – a typeform for managing all incoming family requests of things I have to take out, get in, or pull up!