Answered

Accessibility concerns

• 8 February 2021
  • 8 replies

• Do you have accessibility documentation about your product where the supported accessibility features in your product are listed and explained?
  • Does your support staff get training on accessibility? Is there an accessibility expert whom other support staff may contact for more advanced issues?
  • Do you have users with disabilities test your applications and new features and provide feedback?
icon

Best answer by Liz 9 February 2021, 20:12

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Lauren Cape - thanks for stopping by the community! :) I’m asking the team who owns our accessibility initiatives these questions and will get back to you with their answers. If you have questions in the meantime, please let me know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Lauren Cape ! :) 

Thanks for your questions about accessibility - I have some answers for you. We'll add more visibility to this issue within the community space very soon, but for now I'll help answer your questions with our current updates:

1. We’re currently working on a public document that outlines the accessibility features we have within our product. As soon as that’s available, I'll be happy to share it with you in this thread. 
  2. Our support staff are trained on the basics of accessibility at present, but continuous and more in-depth training for new updates to our product will be implemented to match our developments in a11y.
  3. We’re partnered with Fable to help improve our Accessibility standards, and this ongoing partnership is helping us add new features to our forms and improving current ones to be more accessible. 

We appreciate you checking on this. As mentioned, we'll be able to provide a more detailed update soon, but let us know if you have any further questions in the meantime! :grinning:

Hi there, 

I just ran an experience for someone who was blind and he told me that some of the functionality of the type form did not work with his screen reader and he was unable to complete the form.

just wanted to flag that for discussion so it can hopefully be integrated at some pont =)

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @The Caravan I added your post here so you can stay updated on accessibility progress in the product. If you have any suggestions or features you’d like to see, please let me know!

Hi tech team, I’m interested to know if there are any updates on accessibility guidance to share with this thread? I’m also in the process of launching a Typeform survey to be completed by people living with vision loss. We’ve had one of our collaborators test the form and everything worked well except one question wouldn’t read out loud for some reason and they also weren’t able to ‘go back’ when they accidentally selected the wrong response (which was easy to do) and the survey jumped forward to the next question. I don’t think they were able to access or see the little back arrow. I understand people could scroll back up but wondered if there was an easier/more accessible way to do this? Or any additional guidance that I should share with those due to complete it so they know what to do?

If you have any tips to improve this or if this could be something to consider in the future that would be great.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Philippa Pristera Do you mind sharing the URL of your form and the question numbers (in the builder itself, not the live form) that experienced issues?

Hello, 

I am curious about the accessibility documentation/ any information that you have on it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sabsfary If you haven’t already seen, we have this article here on creating accessible forms. If there’s any particular documentation you’re looking for, let us know!