Answered

Question about Passwords

• 2 March 2021
  • 2 replies

First, I have to say it is ridiculous that you cannot pick up with phone and call to ask a question.  VERY FRUSTRATING.

Second, what I need to know is if I embed a link to the survey on our website, can you upload passwords for our members to use?  About 70% of our members do not have an email address and 35% do not have a cell phone. We post to our site and then they enter their member ID to access the survey so we they can only fill it out once.  We have no problem with them editing the same survey but we do not want them to do it multiple times. 

Then we do the same information on ratification votes, and we only allow them one vote. Typically, we send flyers to the local union hall, and send our business reps out to the job sites and give them flyers to reach as many members as we can but because of this we need to have a limit of one use per Member ID and we need to identify who that member is by that number.

Our current provide does this but we are looking for a change to do more with surveys but it is not an option without the mass upload of our own passwords.

icon

Best answer by Mariana 2 March 2021, 09:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @beaton. Welcome to the Typeform Community! 

In fact, we don't offer phone support at Typeform. Don't worry though, we'll always do our best to address your needs via the community or via email and in a timely manner =) 

At the moment, it's not possible to upload passwords for the respondents to use. But in case you want them to fill out the form only once, you can embed the typeform in a page with cookies that do not allow the respondent to view the typeform more than once (this option will require someone with coding skills on your side). You can use this cookie resource for embedded typeforms. 

Lastly, to be able to identify your members, you'll need to ask for their information. Do they have a Member ID already? If so, you can use a Number question and ask for this number. :)

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions. 

Thank you.  Our current provider gives us that capability and it is a requirement for us to have that feature.  Thank you again.