Answered

Redirecting from Yes/ No Question type to particular website

• 15 July 2021
  • 8 replies

I want to redirect user to Play store link if his choice is Yes and on No I want to close the survey. How to do that

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 15 July 2021, 17:33

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jyoti Thanks for joining the community! :hugging:

At the moment, it is not possible to redirect your form to multiple URLs. Meaning, if you add the redirect on completion, all the respondents will always be redirected to the same website. 

So, if you want to send one respondent to the Play store and another to a general ending, you do have the option to create 2 different endings, and then add the links to the button of each ending. This way, you can set up the rules to send the respondents to these pages and then the respective URL will be on each TY screen. Would that work for you, @Jyoti ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Liz - a quick question for you (and maybe @picsoung ) 

if i recall in the Office Hours a while back, it covered adding a variable to the end of the redirect url. 

Voice #6 (of the 7 in my head) is thinking that IF you had three choices to make and each one would direct you to a specific web site, you MIGHT be able to append a variable at the end of the redirect url that points back to your own domain and is redirected by YOUR website to the ‘correct’/appropriate target website.. to voice #6, that seems to be a way that might work.. 

am i chasing something down a rabbit hole here??

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @john.desborough While you can change the URL in the redirect with a variable, you would need to store the URL somewhere, which isn’t currently possible (to my knowledge) since you can’t pass URLs through the form as a hidden field. :sob:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @john.desborough While you can change the URL in the redirect with a variable, you would need to store the URL somewhere, which isn’t currently possible (to my knowledge) since you can’t pass URLs through the form as a hidden field. :sob:

if you appended the variable to a link like this, which would route you to a ‘page’ on a personal/business website, which in turn was simply a hop-link/redirect to another site, it should work. It means some work on the web site (not typeform) end where you would have to set up the re-directs for each of the incoming url+variable combinations. 

thoughts??

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, yes, that would work, @john.desborough ! I was thinking you meant adding the entire URL. :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Jyoti Thanks for joining the community! :hugging:

At the moment, it is not possible to redirect your form to multiple URLs. Meaning, if you add the redirect on completion, all the respondents will always be redirected to the same website. 

So, if you want to send one respondent to the Play store and another to a general ending, you do have the option to create 2 different endings, and then add the links to the button of each ending. This way, you can set up the rules to send the respondents to these pages and then the respective URL will be on each TY screen. Would that work for you, @Jyoti ?

@Liz Thanks for the response. My other concern is -We are fetching recent one record with this API- https://api.typeform.com/forms/formId/responses?page_size=1. Sometimes it tooks time to reflect recent response in the result. I would like to know how much time exactly it takes to reflect previous single record when I submit my Typeform Survey

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jyoti It should only take a few moments, but it also depends on the size of your form and how many questions you’re asking. If the form is quite long, it may take some time to appear in the Responses API. 

If you’d like the data faster, I would suggest using the Webhooks API instead, which will deliver the results instantly.