Answered

Asana Intergration

Userlevel 1

I’ve connected the Asana Integration to my form but it doesn’t seem to be pushing the information into the Asana project correctly. It sometimes works but other times doesn’t. I think it maybe the type of fields I’m trying to push information into. IE: When I select for the information to go into a text or multi-select Asana field, the information doesn’t move over to the form. Also, it won’t assign the created tasks to anyone no matter the logic that I set up.

Anyone else run into these type of issues when trying to integrate Asana?

icon

Best answer by Liz 16 May 2022, 16:40

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tmccrary Welcome to the community! Do you mind sending a screenshot of how you have the integration setup? Are the fields all mapped as well? 

Userlevel 1

Hey @Liz! Thanks for the welcome! Below are the screenshots that you requested. I followed the Typeform Guide when doing the mapping, so I think they are set up right. The connection works some times with certain questions types and doesn’t at other times.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey Tivo,

Ryan here from the Typeform support team. I just sent you an email in response to the ticket that we have open about this, but wanted to take the opportunity to post some of my suggestions here in case it helps others struggling with the same issue.

• Could it be a case where you are looking for your tasks in the wrong workspace/project in Asana?
  • Could it be that the tasks are being assigned to someone and you don't have access to see their tasks in the Asana project?
  • Are you typing numbers in a text field when submitting test responses? In Asana, a string is used for text, numbers should be mapped to numbers.

Let’s keep in touch via email, but I’ll continue to add info here as we work to resolve this one. 

My Asana integration is also not working properly. 

Why am I only getting these three default Typeform questions when I have 9 custom questions in the newly created Typeform? Each of the 9 questions was designed so that they fill out specific columns/ fields in Asana.

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jpark do any of the items @ryan.terry mentioned happen to apply? 

Hi @Liz - no unfortunately they don’t since I have the right workplace/ project/ section/ task fields.

It’s weird that I can’t even see my Typeform questions as options before trying to map / connect them to Asana fields (as shared in my screenshot above).

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

@ryan.terry, Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the presented checks and solution didn’t work. I’ll reply to the email with the additional requested information that you asked about.

Thanks for all the help as we try to figure this out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tmccrary and @jpark Hm, in both of your cases, I would suggest reaching out to our tech team directly, as they can log into your accounts and take a closer look at this. You can contact them from your account email here

Userlevel 1

Just to close the loop on this. Below is the official response that I got from the Tech Team concerning mapping between Typeform and Asana, specifically the Multiple Choice Typeform Questions to a Multichoice Asana Custom Field.

Hello Tivo, 

Sorry for the wait. We have checked with our engineers and they told us this mapping is not supported at the moment. They have added to the backlog of features to implement and will be doing that as soon as they have some bandwith. 

We frequently invite a selection of our customers to participate in research interviews, new feature tests and surveys. If you would like the opportunity to participate you can join our list here You can also stay up to date with other product updates via our monthly Product newsletter, Product Digest posts in the Typeform Community here, or post/like other feature requests from your fellow Typeform users here.

Apologies again for the limitation this time, but please let me know if there's something else I can help with.

All the best,

Nordin | Team Typeform

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for circling back, @tmccrary ! I appreciate it. 😁