Answered

GDPR Compliant Tracking

Hello, I am looking for a solution to track Typedform forms GRPR compliant in Google Analytics. The special thing is that I only want to track users who have previously agreed to allow GA cookies on the website. 
With Typeform's built-in GA tracking, I haven't found a way to turn this off for specific users. Is there a way to control the Google Analytics integration via Javascript from the outside? 

Or is there another solution offered by Typeform to track users GDPR compliant? 

icon

Best answer by Liz 3 May 2021, 18:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @witczak Thanks for stopping by! We don’t currently offer this feature within the builder, and I’m not quite sure if there’s a workaround for this. @picsoung may be able to confirm this for me!

Hi @Liz , thanks for the feedback. 
If there is no official way, then I guess I will have to try to implement this myself. Right now I'm trying to implement the tracking via an javascript on the website. With some reverse engineering I've seen that the iFrame sends JavaScript PostMessages to the website when for example the form was sent or a Question was answered. However, I haven't found an official documentation for this. Could you tell me if there is an official documentation  and if it is possible to find out which form was sent or which step of the form was filled out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @witczak I would suggest taking a look at our developer docs here, particularly the Embed SDK. Let me know if that’s what you’re looking for!