Answered

How to see the traffic source of conversions

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am using a Typeform connected to my Hubspot account.

I want to report of the traffic sources of conversions. In both Hubspot and Google Analytics, the source says ‘Direct’ or Referral. is there a way to overide this/change the settings so I can see the original source of the visitor? Eg. Organic search, paid search, direct, etc. 

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Liz 27 May 2021, 21:24

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Conflux Thanks for stopping by! This is expected behavior with our embedded form. You can try adding the code mentioned in this article to distinguish between the organic source and your domain.

Badge

Hi! I have an issue here, thank you for your help.

My problem is, in Google Analytics the form conversions it is shown as direct.

I have a lot of other marketing sources so only direct is not possible 

The typeform is embedded on a landing page.

I added GTM to my typeform, and created a goal based on events in GA. The goal is triggering correctly.

I also imported the conversion from GA to AdWords.

We have 98 conversions this month but all direct 

How do I fix this?

Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TimoMedia I’ve added your post here where we have some solutions for you. 😁

Hi all, 

I have the following question. Let’s say, a user came to a landing page which had UTM-parameters in its URL. The user browse my site a bit and found a type form on the other page. There are no UTM-parameters there as it was an internal link. Will the typeform track UTM-parameters or not? Is it possible to detect the initial source of a lead in this case? 

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @User67 Our forms aren’t able to track your respondent throughout the pages they browse on your website unless your passing the UTM information in through cookies, though this would be your own code that you need to create to track their activity throughout your website. 

@Liz thanks a lot for your help! Will try to do it on our side then 👌 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes, @User67 !