Answered

New Google analytics

Userlevel 1

Greetings everyone.

I’m trying to integrate my shining new typeform to my google analytics. 

It’s a brand-new domain, and a new Google Analytics account as well. The new ones have a tracking code that starts with G-XXXX, because it’s no longer the UA, but the newer version. 

How can I make the integration work? 

I have my typeform working perfectly. 

The site is on Carrd. 

Link is Brignoli.dev 

icon

Best answer by Liz 2 March 2021, 20:43

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sembrignoli ,

You should be able to copy and paste your Google Analytics tracking code into your Typeform through the integration/connect process. Although the ‘example’ shown on the step to add your code shows UA- you can use G- as well. 

I believe that was your question. If I missed it completely, please let me know. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @sembrignoli ,

You should be able to copy and paste your Google Analytics tracking code into your Typeform through the integration/connect process. Although the ‘example’ shown on the step to add your code shows UA- you can use G- as well. 

I believe that was your question. If I missed it completely, please let me know. 

Thank you for your answer @vickioneill  ! When I paste the code G-XXXYTYVXXX it says:

That tracking code isn’t right. Please try again.

I even tried the propriety ID (and I know is not the right code), just in case. Same thing.

Should I create a new propriety just for the typeform?

In the past, for a customer I have used the same tracking code (as the help page suggests), but maybe i’m doing it in the wrong way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sembrignoli - thanks for asking! We don’t currently support this tracking ID in the new Google Analytics 4 setup, but you can create a new property using these steps. Once done, you can see how to integrate Google Analytics with your form this help center article. Our product team is looking into adding support for the new version in Google Analytics. 

Will this workaround help in the meantime? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@sembrignoli That’s interesting. I tried to re-create the problem and got the same error message (although I used the configuration you shared and changed the X for random numbers).

I’m tagging @Liz and @Mariana who have been very helpful with so many questions that one of them may be able to give much better insight. I’m sorry I wasn’t more helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sembrignoli - thanks for asking! We don’t currently support this tracking ID in the new Google Analytics 4 setup, but you can create a new property using these steps. Once done, you can see how to integrate Google Analytics with your form this help center article. Our product team is looking into adding support for the new version in Google Analytics. 

Will this workaround help in the meantime? 

You were typing as I was recommending you. #GreatMinds 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@vickioneill :joy::joy: haha this happens way too often with us! Minds are on the same wavelength!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz It really does!! lol 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@vickioneill 

(hopefully you’ve seen schitt’s creek ha!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

LOL love it!

I can t add the tracking code in a form! The new format of the code isn t fit with the old format (from typeform).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @eMeMeM I added your post here where we have the answer to your question. :grinning: Let me know if you think of any further questions!

This would be really great to have. GA4 is the norm nowadays, we don’t want to create another property just to use Typeform ;)

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey everyone,
many of us were forced to move to Google Analytics 4 (GA$4), since Universal Analytics won’t be supported after July 2023.

There is a Google Tag Manager integration and a Universal Analytics integration that work fine, but as I see it, and please do correct me if I am wrong, there is currently no way to track embedded typeforms in GA4.

I found a few threads that talk about this topic and are unanswered.

I assume many people will switch to GA4 in the next few months and this issue will be a problem for more and more people.

Does anyone else need a GA4 integration?
Is there a plan for a GA4 integration and if yes, is there a foreseeable release date?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @daniel I’ve added your post here where we have a workaround you can use for the time being. While this is something our developers are working on, I don’t have a date for when this would be available. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks @Liz 
This won’t work for us currently.

Is there a feature request conversation with an upvote tool, to see which new features users would need most?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @daniel Our product team looks at the comments and suggestions in the community here, so what you’ve already posted helps! 😁

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks @Liz !