Answered

Greenscreen video is also supported?

• 6 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, the greenscreen video is also supported? if I would like to have a transparent video with my "avatar"? Thank you :)

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 15 August 2022, 19:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @czteam1 welcome to the Community! 

VideoAsk doesn’t have a green screen functionality right now, it’s something that is on our feature request board, so I’m going to add a +1 to it 🙏

I think the best option would be to pre-record your videos and then upload them to the videoask, rather than recording directly. 

It would be great to hear about how you’re planning on using VideoAsk with an avatar - can you share a bit more with us?

Userlevel 1

I would like to have my “talking head” directly on my web page you know…

And my video would be transparent fully (via green screen technique), it would be really cool…

For example for tutorials etc…

Do you have any term please?

Thx a lot

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @czteam1, that’s a great idea! I can definitely imagine the creative possibilities of using this transparency technique on your website to make a memorable first impression for visitors.

You can certainly do this by recording a video on a green screen (outside of VideoAsk), editing it in your preferred video software, then uploading that final video to VideoAsk.

One important consideration here is the responsiveness of your website. In other words, the VideoAsk widget/embed may blend seamlessly with your website for visitors viewing the page on a laptop… but that magical effect may fall apart for visitors on smartphones or large desktop monitors.

This isn’t to say achieving this is impossible — I’m sure you can make it happen! I just wanted to start the conversation so you can consider all the possibilities 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Love this idea @czteam1 let us know how you get on, would love to see your videoask in action!

Userlevel 1

Hi, any news with the transparent video background please? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @czteam1 hope you’re doing well 👋

At the moment green screen capabilities are a feature request for VideoAsk but it’s not currently on the road map.

Were you able to try recording your video using a different tool and then uploading it to VideoAsk?