Answered

ip filtering

• 7 October 2021
  • 6 replies

I want to filter the ip addresses of executives and employees. Please teach me the way.

icon

Best answer by picsoung 8 October 2021, 02:29

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@likelion - welcome to the community.. 

are you trying to do this in your Typeform??

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @likelion 

Typeform does not expose the respondent’s IP.

If you want to only allow submissions from people on a certain IP, I would recommend to create a web page only accessible to folks connecting from authorized IPs and embed a typeform on it.

What I mean is that I want to get only response data from everyone except employees ip. This is because there is no need for data on the inflow of executives and employees.

Please refer to the functions of Google As below.
https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/2456098?hl=en

We have the same issue. I am using TypeForm to capture demo requests.

Now I was trying to understand some conversion rates, and the numbers from TypeForm are higher than those from Amplitude. In the end, I figured our that our own form views/submissions are being counted and I want to be able to exclude those as they mess up the data!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @MiroVal 

You should use the preview (the little 👁 icon on the top right corner) when testing your form. Like this your tests won’t be counted.

Another option could give specific instructions about the tests you are running (ex: use @test.com for email, ...) so you can delete all those responses once you are done testing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@MiroVal - just a thought from here: i create a ‘demo’ version of most of the production typeforms that i deploy - so that i can do all the testing and demos to client on something other than the production version. I do keep them in synch as i deploy changes (my tip there: always make a duplicate of a form before you make any changes so that you have something to revert back to - i made that mistake a couple of times early and lost work) 

@picsoung says, the preview will walk you through what it looks like but it won’t execute and test out redirections etc from the end pages… so you have to do some testing at that level. 

may not add much value but just a couple of things from this end

des