Answered

Subdomain Taken -- by Me!

• 17 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Team, I changed my subdomain several months ago and now I want to change it back.  When I try to change it back, it says that the subdomain is taken.   The subdomain name is so unique to me that I cannot imagine that someone other than me is using it.   It seems most likely that the custom subdomain is taken by me.  How can I check?  I didn’t see any way to actually get support.

icon

Best answer by BBBu 18 June 2021, 19:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@BBBu - you will need to raise a ticket with support at this link here

they should be able to sort it out for you!

des

Badge +5

Let us know how it goes @BBBu . Keen to hear good news :fingers_crossed_tone2:

Userlevel 2
Badge

The simple answer is that the subdomain is actually taken.  My subdomain wasn’t as unique as I thought!  My typeforms that have been directing to that subdomain for over five years now get redirected to my new subdomain.  There’s an additional step for my users because they get redirected to a new landing page first, but they can still get there.     Typeform support was very helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@BBBu - that’s not perfect but at least it is working! 

have a great weekend

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You could also update the old link on your landing page with your new subdomain, that would remove a step for your users and definitively make the whole experience smoother :)

if your form is embedded the subdomain does not really matter as users don’t see it.