Answered

the 'request your data' button doesn't work - anybody has the same problem?

• 4 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

I used to access the JSONs via the ‘request your data’ button in the accounts section. But it doesn’t work anymore. They used to email the data in a zip within a few minutes, sometimes a couple of hours. I have requested these since Thursday, but have not received anything. Does anybody have the same problem, or is this only on my account? It’s creating a huge problem for us. Thank you for any input!

icon

Best answer by picsoung 13 October 2021, 04:35

View original

6 replies

Badge +5

Welcome @Son. I just requested my data and it worked for me, I received an email almost instantly. 

Are you the account owner/admin? Let us now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Son Were you able to get your data? 

Badge

Hi Liz and Gabriel, many thanks for replying. I have been in touch with the development team. We use that button regularly to retrieve the JSONs, but apparently it’s not meant to be used that way...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah yes, that’s correct, @Son . The primary use of this is for exporting data before closing your account. May I ask what your use case is for exporting the data often? We may be able to think of a workaround for you. 

Badge

We just need the JSONs, basically. When I asked customer service on how I could get hold of the JSON files, they pointed me towards that button, which is why we have built a whole system that relies on us being able to access the JSONs like that. It doesn’t say anywhere that there is a limit to how often you can use the button or that it’s restricted to certain uses - if I had known we would have found a different solution early on (before building the system), but we’re at a critical stage of our development and need access. It’s really causing huge, major problems for us

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Son,

We do offer APIs to help you retrieve both the list of your forms and their structure as well as the responses collected.

You should not rely on the “get my data” JSON flow for that. It might not be immediate and is definitively not meant to be used this way.
The API will be more reliable than an email containing a zip, that you need to unzip, and parse.

The API is free to use on any plan.

I imagine the JSON structure to be very similar to the one you got in a dump, so it should be an easy transition.

Let me know if you need help

Best,
Nicolas