Answered

Why is it so hard to cancel my subscription?!

• 9 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Can someone please please help me cancel my subscription? I’ve just spend the last 15 minutes clicking on links that take my nowhere. This should be really easy! 

icon

Best answer by Mariana 11 June 2021, 09:55

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AnaBellyn thanks for stopping by the community! If you haven’t already, I would contact our billing team (from your account) email. More info on how to do so here

You could also try clearing the cache on your browser to see if this helps, too. 

Badge +5

@AnaBellyn can you please elaborate on what links aren't working? I want to make sure there isn't any issue with the cancelation process. 

Thanks! 

@Gabriel hi there. This link  is one example. Under the header ‘How do I cancel my subscription?’ there is a paragraph with bolded text that says ‘this article’. When I click on that link it takes me to a general help and FAQ page. When I type ‘cancel my subscription’ in the search box, it takes me back to the original link I posted here. But that is besides the point. The link should lead directly to the cancellation page. Personally, I believe a cancellation button should be readily available on the billing page. Not having it readily available is archaic. 

Badge +5

@Gabriel hi there. This link  is one example. Under the header ‘How do I cancel my subscription?’ there is a paragraph with bolded text that says ‘this article’. When I click on that link it takes me to a general help and FAQ page. When I type ‘cancel my subscription’ in the search box, it takes me back to the original link I posted here. But that is besides the point. The link should lead directly to the cancellation page. Personally, I believe a cancellation button should be readily available on the billing page. Not having it readily available is archaic. 

Sorry for the delay in replying, for some strange reason the system marked your comment as spam. 

I agree with you, this should be a simple thing to do. We'll investigate what happens to that link and speak to product about making this as easy and frictionless as possible. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AnaBellyn. Thanks for flagging this with us! 

In fact, it seems the link wasn't updated. Thanks to your feedback, I've shared that with the education team and they have just updated the link. You can check it now. 

Here is also a video showing how you can do it: Screen Recording 2021-06-08 at 02.33.59 PM

Let us know if this is helpful =) 

@Mariana thank you so much for your response! It was very helpful and I was able to downgrade (aka cancel) my account just now. 

Some feedback - it seems Typeform uses words ‘cancel’ and ‘downgrade’ interchangeably. To keep things consistent and clear for your audience, consider just using the word ‘cancel’. Downgrade does not mean the same thing. Also, it keeps your brand consistent across your platform. Choose one word and stick to it (preferably cancel) because nobody's brain has to burn too many calories trying to figure that one out :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @AnaBellyn. That makes a lot of sense! 

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. I'll make sure to pass this on to the relevant team. Have a great day! =) 

Edit: Just checked the rest of the thread and answered my own question! :grin:  Nothing to see here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad this thread helped, @Rich_R ! Let us know if we can answer anything else for you. :grinning: