Answered

New Free Plan - Number of Responses

For the new free plan, you get 10 responses per month with an unlimited number of surveys. Does this mean that only 10 people per month can answer one of our surveys under the free plan? It also says that responses won’t be lost, so...I am unclear. What is purpose of having unlimited surveys if only 10 people per month can answer them? Even for a free plan, that seems entirely not useful. What am I not understanding? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Liz 13 April 2022, 15:02

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SDCoP Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. The Free plan is designed to give you a chance to test out Typeform and see if it works for you. With our new Free plans, you can collect 10 responses throughout all the forms on your account. So, for example, if you collect 5 responses on one form and 3 on another, you’d have 2 responses left for the month. 

If you’re finding that Typeform works for you and you’d want to collect more responses, then you’ll need to upgrade plans. 

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Just to understand this better: so earlier this year (May 2022) I could use a free plan and have more responses per survey,  even more than 20, and now it is limited to only 10? When did you change it and why haven't you informed people who have signed up to your newsletter? As someone who has been happily using your free plan services for a few years, I just login as usual, create my survey and publish it, and then I find out that it's limited to 10 after the survey is published online and people start responding by getting a notification emails that all responses have almost been used up. Are you intentionally trying to get people angry by informing them about the limitations in such a way? That's one way to deliberately turn people off from using your services. I wish I knew about this change before the survey has been published. Would have chosen right away not to use Typeform any longer. Now I will do the same but just be quite frustrated about it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @laimis The Free plan has no limit now. Are you receiving an error when editing your forms? 

Hi @laimis The Free plan has no limit now. Are you receiving an error when editing your forms? 

This keep happening. At least to me. I tottally agree with @laimis! This is a very disrespectful way to treat actual and future users!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Soninja Could you please send a screenshot of the error message you’re receiving? 

@Liz What do you mean by the typeform having no limits?

I plan to set up my first type form but it shows that I can only get 10 responses. It stops me from setting one up because I am worried that the responses would be lost.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@julialws - there are no limits on the number of questions you can create in your form.. just the number of responses you can get per month. it’s free. try it out and see if it has value for you.. 

Typeform isn’t a charity, so try it out and if it works for you, get onto a paid plan that allows you do what you ‘really want to do’ with the tool. 

@john.desborough I think my question is, does it keep the data of the 11th response if I upgrade from the free plan afterwards?

I would like to use it to send surveys and I don’t mind paying. But I would mind to lose the response and end up having to ask the users again the same thing.

Userlevel 1

It would be more honest to describe it as an ongoing limited test facility rather than claiming it to be a free plan, given that the “Free Plan” is entirely useless for anything other than testing. Wasting hours battling setting it up to then find it’s prohibitive expensive is hugely disingenuous.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Aldercar Many of our customers are on the free plan. It’s great for those needing to send minimal forms or collecting only a bit of responses every month. All that said, what would you find most useful for a free plan? I’m happy to share along any specific feedback you have!

Userlevel 1

My particular use would be gathering orders in a small village for a not-for-profit heating oil buying club. So I’d prefer an increased limit in responses in exchange for being limited to a single form. I could probably get away with 25 responses. As it stands today, I would have to find £252 pa out of my own pocket to use your system, which is never going to happen when I can send a simple order form for free.

As a comparison, I use a free Mailchimp account to poll my 250 members each month, as well as then putting that out to tender to a group of suppliers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Aldercar Thank you so much for sharing this! That makes complete sense. I’ll pass this to the product/pricing team, as I think seeing use cases like this can help them understand what users and use cases work best for the Free plan.