May Pricing Update

May Pricing Update

Hello folks,

Hope you're all safe and well. Jake here from the Subscriptions Team at Typeform 👋

Following on from my previous post, I wanted to give you an update regarding the new Typeform pricing plans that will be coming in from mid May.

As I mentioned last time, this will not affect your current plan if you're an existing customer – you will not be forced to move to one of the new plans. 

🛎️ One important thing to note is that, once the release of the new pricing plans has been completed we will only be updating and adding features to people on the new plans. So, if you don't want to miss out on future updates you should definitely explore the new options. 

We'll be rolling out the new plans during May – look out for an email from us in the coming days notifying you about them. The rollout will be progressive so it may take longer for some people to see them (e.g. depending on location).

We've put together this Help Center article that explains them in more detail. However, if something still isn't clear please let us know in the comments below and we'll get back to you with an answer.

@jake.moody - thanks for these details. The one thing I have not been able to find is a side by side comparison of the ‘old’ or current plans and the new plans. 

My professional plan was renewed on the 23rd of April and I would like to understand what the differences are between the Professional plan features and functions and the Plus and Business plans (other than price) - the only comparison tables i see are at this link and it does not include the new plans. 

I want to be able to make sure that i am not missing features going forward!

thanks for your assistance in clearing up confusion as i am sure this is going to be rampant in the next couple of weeks. 

des

Hey @john.desborough, thanks for your message!
As far as features available in the plans, our new Plus plan is geared towards those looking to customize their typeform's and create more on-brand experiences. It includes features like Remove Typeform Branding and Custom Links which aren't currently included in the Professional plan. 

The Business plan will include additional features for teams that want to enhance the performance of their typeforms and improve the quality of the data they are collecting. 

When the new plans are released in your region (which should be soon) you'll be able to see a list of all the available features in each new plan and compare them side by side. 

Hey @john.desborough, thanks for your message!
As far as features available in the plans, our new Plus plan is geared towards those looking to customize their typeform's and create more on-brand experiences. It includes features like Remove Typeform Branding and Custom Links which aren't currently included in the Professional plan. 

The Business plan will include additional features for teams that want to enhance the performance of their typeforms and improve the quality of the data they are collecting. 

When the new plans are released in your region (which should be soon) you'll be able to see a list of all the available features in each new plan and compare them side by side. 

@jake.moody - rather than waiting, it is probably a good idea to get them published out to the world sooner than later.. simply because the info provided does not really give “warm and fuzzies” - the statement “once the release of the new pricing plans has been completed we will only be updating and adding features to people on the new plans” and the recommendation to check out the new plans in advance makes it difficult to actually do just that. 

Publishing a roll our schedule for regions would also be good, so that folks have an idea when it is going to happen. This is going to be critical, especially after the ‘regional rollout” release of the new builder on the technical side has had a lot folks here in the Community wondering when it is going to arrive in their region - as a user with the new builder seeing a lot of fellow community members commenting in here about the lack of and how to get the new builder, when the roll out schedule has not been posted. 

Pardon my saying it this way, but let’s have a meaningful conversation about this, so that we (the Typeform family of employees and users) are not going to lose members … 

cheers

des

Thanks, @john.desborough ! We are aiming to have the new plans available to everyone by the end of June, hopefully, a bit earlier. As far as new features only being available on the new plans - this is something that will happen over time. There won't be any immediate features that you won't have access to as a result of your subscription plan - just something to consider for the future as Typeform releases new features. You'll always be able to switch to a new plan immediately if you want to. We want to minimize any disruption to existing customers for the rollout, but we also want to let you know that the new plans are available and might be something to consider for the future. These Help Center articles highlight the responses and features available in each plan: BasicPlusBusiness, and Enterprise. Click on the name of a plan for feature and pricing details.

@john.desborough I came across this discussion while searching for the same answer. But the input you got from @jake.moody still doesn’t offer a transparent opportunity of comparing old and new plans.

The thing is that every user has its own preferences about which feature is most valuable individually. This is why we need a possibility of comparing features. When having to choose packages instead of features there are always features you need and those you can’t opt-out from.

I wished there would be a page like this for all the new plans too, including a side-by-side comparison with the old ones BEFORE the launch of the new plans.

Thanks in advance!

Hey @john.desborough @Katrin , bear with us please, we'll add more info/clarity within the coming days. 

You have a good weekend 🖖

@john.desborough @Katrin We’ve published a new article in our Help Center which allows you to compare our current Essentials, Professional and Premium plans with their replacements - Basic, Plus and Business. You can find the article here. I hope this helps! If you have any questions, please let me know. 

Thanks @jake.moody on behalf of the Community!!

(any chance we can get the USD or CDN equivalents mentioned in terms of pricing?? just saying that the Euro doesn’t hold much water here in Canada lol.. )

thanks

des

I just signed up and I have to say I find this quite confusing, between the  features on the old plans versus the new plans and now suddenly substantially less submissions if I want to  stay at the same price point or pay substantially more if I want to get back but I have already?

It does seem odd that you're suggesting that existing customers can stay at the same price point but unfortunately you won't get updates, I find it a very odd statement, obviously anyone using such a terrific service like this is going to want updates, is there not a place  in which you say that your existing customers can stay where they are until they change their plan? Without losing any other features and still getting updates? 

I do love the service, and I just joined, and I understand that my small little business poses not very significant revenue for your company, but as a simple customer, it does seem to be one of the stranger price changes I've ever seen.

I came from Formstack, and this is brilliant what you guys are doing.

I would be happy to stay at my price point and set up, and allow me to have updates as well, obviously nobody but nobody is going to stay on their existing plans if you're not going to provide updates, that is most certainly a requirement to a forced change. :-)

Please reconsider for people who literally just signed up the past week. Thank you! 🙂 I also subscribed to videoask, another brilliant product. 

Hi @john.desborough

To answer your questions about USD rates:

USD: 29, 59, 99 for the Basic, Plus, and Business plan, respectively. 

HI @kennethholden,

We know that there's a lot of differences with the new plans, and the right option for you will depend a lot on how you use Typeform, how many responses you collect, and how many collaborators you have in your account. When the new plans are released in your region, we are planning to send you an email with a recommended new plan based on your actual usage. However, we know you have important jobs to do with Typeform and we don't want to interrupt that, so that's why we aren't making any paid customers move to a new plan as part of this rollout. You can continue using Typeform with your current plan and features. 

Just to clarify - any existing features that are part of your plan will still be maintained and updated as needed to support the work you need to do with Typeform. Over time, we will release brand new features and these are the cases where they may be offered on specific plans. This is true today - for example, we might release a new feature only to Premium customers. In these cases, customers on Essentials & Professional plans might want to re-evaluate their needs. This doesn't mean any degraded performance for the features you already use - just new options to consider if they are valuable to you.

@jake.moody - Thanks for the pricing! appreciated

OK thank you for the response, unfortunately I am extremely new which means that you're not gonna have much history on me…... I joined I think a week and a half ago, and I have to be honest I'm in love with this, but I'm only at the stage of figuring out how I'm going to implement it in my business most effectively and that's not been decided yet so there's no history for my pricing.:-)

In fact I first signed up with videoask and discovered typeform actually had a form service, and it was not just the name of the company. :-)

I will have a look at them when they come out, things like white labelling etc. high on my priority list but  the challenge I saw from the proposed pricing was the reduction in the number of responses from 10,000 to 1000 even though white labelling was included. Not that 1000 is not a lot, but it's a 90% reduction from 10,000, and so in that sense it feels substantial, the benefit of having 10,000 submissions is that you can work at LIBERTY without having to be conscious of going over a certain limit, I do not want to have to keep checking my limits to see if I'm going over, I find that a distraction.

I don't like to work under limits, I like to have versions where I can work freely without having to think about boundaries.

This is probably the wrong place to ask this unrelated question, I know that you can add a videoask into a typeform, and I figured out how to do that, but I'm surprised there's not an actual integration between the two unless I'm missing it somewhere? If it doesn't exist it would seem to be a natural connection? 

Thank you!

Hi everyone! As of today, our new Basic, Plus, and Business plans are available in all regions. New customers will see these plans when they go to purchase a Typeform subscription. 

If you are already a customer, your plan will not change. You can stay on your current pricing as long as you want. If you would like to change your subscription, you will see the new plans as options. You can find all the details in our Help Center

Thanks for the update @jake.moody

Just in case, do these green labels show all the new features that came with the pricing update in each tier? 

Thank you!

After comparing the plans a second time (at first I thought I was misreading it), it sounds like I lose all my core features, get less submissions, but hey, I get to add 2 extra users. And I pay more. How is that making typeform more equal? It sounds like a terrible deal to switch.

@serapserap The green features are the features that are included as of that tier - or another way, what’s included in addition to the tier below.