Product updates

🏖️ Product & Integrations Digest – Summer Special!

• 28 July 2021
  • 9 replies
🏖️  Product & Integrations Digest – Summer Special!
Userlevel 4

Ahoy community!

How’s everyone’s summer been so far? I’ve been swimming in the ocean quite a bit these past few months and I guess you could say that I’ve got nautical-inspired thoughts on the brain, hence today’s introduction 😉.

For this summer edition of our digest, we’re combining our Product Digest + Integrations Digest into one [hopefully] fun and easy breezy read. You might even call it a digest-palooza. Read on for lots of good stuff to make your typeforms even easier, snazzier, and safer! 

Google Form Importer

If you’re reading this, it most likely means that you use Typeform for your form/survey/quiz-building needs. There’re lots of tools that you could be using to create any and all of the above so thanks a lot for choosing Typeform! 

Sometimes though, you’ve got some Google forms on your proverbial hands. Perhaps you created these before you found out about Typeform or maybe you inherited these from another colleague? Or maybe you just want to house all of your forms under one roof...that roof being your Typeform Workspace 🏠 👍

Whatever the case, we want to make it easy for you to quickly convert your Google forms into beautiful typeforms, with no manual migrating required. With the new Google Forms import tool, just follow a few quick steps to connect your Typeform and Google accounts and voila! what was formerly your Google form is now a shiny new typeform. 

Now, when you log into your Typeform Workspace, and click “New Typeform,” you have the option to “Import form”. You just need to select the Google Form you want to import and once converted you'll get a link to the typeform version, which you can then edit. Publish it when it’s ready for primetime and see how your respondents prefer your typeform to your previous Google Form!

UQtxgVdtQWOR2D89F9MiA2uA1w_Az4gevAcQMGVUuuN9YcYYvpJ_Dz9cm5gquP9aDY7ZKX2y0CDP1j4JPv3H7IKN-byFme-0uQ0qThO-SPXhZ6sqOHnRPUAfsKUMapc62Y0mTfBQ

You can access the Google Forms importer tool from your Workspace or learn more about it here. This Help Center article also provides the full step-by-step instructions, as well as some helpful things to know before getting started.

Google Docs Importer

What can we say? We love integrating with Google’s product suite to make it even easier to automate your workflows and connect your typeforms to other important docs, spreadsheets, and dashboards that help power your business. We’ve got integrations with Google Sheets, Google Drive, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and, as you just read, Google Forms. And we’re not done yet! We’re also thrilled to announce that you can now easily turn the contents of your Google Doc into a typeform.

Rather than starting from scratch, now you can organize your thoughts in a Google Doc to get a head start on building your typeform. Create your questions and response choices in a Google Doc, share it with your team so that you can collaborate, edit, and polish in real-time, and then import it to your Typeform Workspace. From there you can review the Google Doc contents, translated into Typeform question blocks and response options, and make edits within your Typeform builder. Once it’s good to go, publish it and get ready for those responses to start pouring in!

b6clxbhkcLVNi2hzNGng7LvHKpa77_0PUxITiKhkKZQx19crAivRW9eT3o7SNSuaEwlGAcg3Kv0UKQujALdxtYUc_YJbCe1PhWmjsqIkfJl4fa71Q5YsnQHHoyBiRcHtR1EgkqEI

You can start the importing process from your Typeform builder when you click “New Typeform” and then select “Import form”. You can also use this handy Google Docs Importer Template to write questions that’ll work seamlessly with your new typeform. Feel free to copy it over to your Google Drive account and start from there! This Help Center article also details some handy tips and tricks!

Microsoft Teams integration

📢 📢 📢 Calling all Microsoft Teams users! The people spoke, and we listened. Now you can automatically send typeform responses as notifications to Microsoft Teams channels.

With Typeform’s integration for Microsoft Teams, it’s as simple as connecting your Typeform and Microsoft Teams accounts to make sure the right people are alerted when a new response comes through. Once your accounts are linked, you’re on your way to easily creating a process for teams to share, analyze, and comment on your typeform’s responses, and figure out how best to use them moving forward.

With the Microsoft Teams integration you can even select multiple channels to share the typeform’s results with and even specify which particular question responses you want to share.

You can integrate with Microsoft Teams from the Connect Panel or App Directory within your Typeform builder or head straight to the integration via this link. If you want more helpful tips + how to’s on setting up the Microsoft Teams integration, you can find it here on our Help Center.

Security & Compliance updates

We care about security A LOT. Our goal is also to help you be secure using Typeform, and also to make sure your business has the necessary certifications and compliance with certain regulations when using our platform. 

To that end, I thought it was worth mentioning that Typeform has now been certified as compliant with the following international standards:

We also ensure our security by following best practices in different standards:

If you want to know more about security, compliance and privacy with Typeform check out this Help Center article, or read the community post that our Director of Security @Pau Julià put together to explain where we’re at.

Account role management

Another long-awaited feature has been rolled out to anyone with a Typeform team account – the ability to manage user-level permissions. Account owners can now assign admin permissions to other members of the team. This will allow you to empower other team members to perform certain tasks in Typeform, saving time for the account owner!

At the account level, there are roles:

• Owner (no change)
  • Admin (same as owner but can't delete account)
  • Member (no change)

At Workspace level, there are two roles:

• Workspace Manager
  • Workspace Member

Here are a couple of charts to explain what this means in terms of account and Workspace management:

Read more about account roles in our Help Center article

Bye bye, builder 👋

One more thing before we go. You may have read in an email we sent to you (or are about to send) that we're now saying goodbye to the old Typeform building experience. Earlier this year we released a shiny new version of the builder for all users. Now we're about to officially sunset the old version, and all your typeforms will be moved to the new one.

Check your inbox for the email with more details, or go check out our Help Center guide to the new builder if you've yet to get to grips with the new version. 

And that’s all for now, folks! I hope these cool Typeform updates have brightened up your summer 😎  Speaking of cool, stay cool, apply sunscreen, and have an awesome rest of your summer! Let us know what you think of the new features and integrations in the comments...and feel free to share your summer holiday snaps too! I’ll be back in September for more fun updates!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rachelmkalt - Thanks Rachel for the updates.. the Google integrations are going to be gamechanger for many of us out here in user-land!

enjoy the waters!!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Best summer digest ever!! The Google Forms and Sheets is so exciting. Thanks for sharing, @rachelmkalt !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Oh wow, what an amazing assortment of features! Super exciting news for all of us Typeform users, kudos!  :blush:

Speaking of summer, mine has been great. I’ve just come back from Italy where my days revolved around eating pizza, drinking prosecco, hiking and swimming. :pizza::champagne_glass::beach_umbrella:

Ohhh and look at my beach kit, hehe. I was super excited when I received the Typeform box a few weeks ago and thank you so much for it!

Badge +5

Sunglasses, pilsner, melon, tomatoes, a Typeform tote bag and a towel. I could live my entire live on those 6 things @Michaela 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh wow, what an amazing assortment of features! Super exciting news for all of us Typeform users, kudos!  :blush:

Speaking of summer, mine has been great. I’ve just come back from Italy where my days revolved around eating pizza, drinking prosecco, hiking and swimming. :pizza::champagne_glass::beach_umbrella:

Fab set of features @rachelmkalt, personally looking forward to trying out the Google Docs importer as I often use Docs to start my typeforms, so this is gonna be a real time saver. Valuable time I can use to tell more Dad jokes

@Michaela your Italian adventure sounds heavenly - where did you go exactly? One of my holiday highlights was sampling the winner of the Best Pizza in Spain 2021 award. But I didn’t have to go far, it’s from the restaurant next to my house!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

now that looks tasty @James -  i hope it tasted as good as it looks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James We went on a road trip - what an adventure! We started in Rome and continued through Naples and Pompeii up to Lago di Garda and I loved every second of it :heart:

Also, we ate SO. MUCH. PIZZA. The theme of our trip sure was ‘food’ so it pleases me to see that I might not have been the only one, hahah. All jokes aside, that pizza looks delicious!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@James We went on a road trip - what an adventure! We started in Rome and continued through Naples and Pompeii up to Lago di Garda and I loved every second of it :heart:

Also, we ate SO. MUCH. PIZZA. The theme of our trip sure was ‘food’ so it pleases me to see that I might not have been the only one, hahah. All jokes aside, that pizza looks delicious!

Oh my goodness it sounds amazing @Michaela . I love the idea of a themed trip!!! Especially food!! I am very jealous although probably now you’ll have the downside that any pizza you eat from now on in your local pizzerias will taste like cardboard in comparison :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It’s winter in South Sfrica summer starting next month 😄It’s gonna be fun enjoy over there