Answered

Being forced to Upgrade - Unhappy

• 21 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Typeform is not allowing me to publish without upgrading. I am not able to turn off the button for Typeform branding, I’m fine without my own branding for now. Let me switch this off and continue on my day.

So frustrating, forcing me into being upsold and removing features that were once available on the basic plan.

Is this a technical error or some shady practice? I’m not upset over the change in pricing and offerings, I’m upset over not being able to continue on the basic plan and publish the changes of my form without being sent to an upgrade page.

--→ Flipping the button to restore typeform branding doesn’t do anything but send me to the page to upgrade my account so I can keep my branding.

Can I just choose what I’d like to do pls?

icon

Best answer by Liz 22 August 2022, 17:07

View original

3 replies

Typeform is not allowing me to publish without upgrading. I am not able to turn off the button for Typeform branding, I’m fine without my own branding for now. Let me switch this off and continue on my day.

So frustrating, forcing me into being upsold and removing features that were once available on the basic plan.

Is this a technical error or some shady practice? I’m not upset over the change in pricing and offerings, I’m upset over not being able to continue on the basic plan and publish the changes of my form without being sent to an upgrade page.

--→ Flipping the button to restore typeform branding doesn’t do anything but send me to the page to upgrade my account so I can keep my branding.

Can I just choose what I’d like to do pls?

Looks like I figured it out.. I had to change my theme from trial to what looks like an identical one. 

Suggestion - Tell your customers to change theme from trial to something else.

Wasted a good 45 minutes. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Coach Josh It sounds like you had a paid theme on your form, but it also sounds like you were able to successfully change it to a free one. You can read more about paid themes here, and you’ll also notice that they’re marked “Paid” in the design area: 

Hopefully that helps clarify a bit!