Answered

Embed Issue - Not Loading

• 24 September 2021
  • 8 replies

When ever my page loads for the first time, the form does not show, it needs to be refreshed for the form to show. I am hosting on Squarespace.

https://www.revbbc.com.au/contact

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by mathio 27 September 2021, 20:48

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @antusmar Thanks for stopping by the community! When I pulled up the URL, I was able to see the form on the first load. :) Though, I did notice that the embed code doesn’t quite look correct. Are you using the standard embed code we provide on your site? 

Thank you @Liz I have just noticed it is only an issue when people click on the link to the “contact” page, which is the way most people will get there, is there something I have done wrong here?

Yes, i simply copied the code from the share page.

I was able to fix it by disabling Ajax loading, is there any other way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mathio do you happen to know if the Ajax loading would cause the issues they’re seeing and if there’s any other way around it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes @Liz, this is caused by ajax loading. Our library does not know that a form was added to the HTML markup because we dont monitor page HTML for changes. With ajax loading you are not really navigating between pages, you are still on one page it just changes its HTML.

@antusmar there is a solution just for your situation. You can add this script to your page and make sure it is executed after the page with your typeform is opened (put it under the embed snippet):

<script>window.tf.load()</script>

This will look for any uninitialized typeform embed snippets in your page and initialize them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you, @mathio !! 

@mathio I am having the same issue.  To clarify, my embed code should look like this?

<div data-tf-widget="XXXXXXX" data-tf-iframe-props="title=XXXXXX" data-tf-medium="snippet" style="width:100%;height:400px;"></div><script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script><script>window.tf.load()</script>

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@SOLIUS Each case might be different 😅
Could you share the link to your website where the form should appear?