Answered

I would like to translate a typeform into French. Is there a way to export a typeform, translate it, and then import the translated typeform?

• 1 March 2021
  • 2 replies

typeform translation

icon

Best answer by picsoung 2 March 2021, 02:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @pdeuter 

I believe there are a few ways to do this:
- you can duplicate your original typeform, and the copy becomes the translated version.

- you could use a partner’s integration called Crowdin, it will automatically detect the text content in your form, and provide a nice interface to manager translation

​​​​​​​- use the API to “download” the definition of a form, tokenize each content part, use PO files to store translations and again the API to update the translated forms.

​​​​​​​Hope it helps :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@picsoung @pdeuter 

i took a look at the Crowdin integration and while that looked like it would work for me, i thought it was an good solution if you have to do a lot of translations over time and the process would be eminently repeatable (and hopefully automated)

I did the translation into French for a typeform in the following fashion and it took me about 20 minutes to get it done in this ‘brute force, 2am in the morning style’: 

• duplicate the site that you want to translate and edit the copy
  • pull up Google Translate and do the copy, paste, copy translation paste translation for each item. 

I then modified the French version slightly to account for the France vs Quebec idiom (I am in Canada) and it was all done inside half an hour. (16 questions from English to French with 4 of the pages having multiple choice items - all related to COVID screening)

“It ain’t pretty but it works”

des