Answered

Progress Bar Not Showing

When I do the preview for the typeform below I can see the progress bar, and progress bar is turned on. However when I view the share link, the progress bar is gone?

Any thoughts on why?

Thanks,
Tom

https://tom464801.typeform.com/to/AR2ZFkv6

icon

Best answer by Liz 27 July 2021, 21:50

View original

50 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tomswitch Thanks for stopping by! Just to be sure, have all the changes to your form been published? You’ll know because the publish button will be grayed out. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Liz,

I can see a very thin and faint progress bar at the top of my published survey but it’s barely visible. How can we make it thicker or choose the colour?

I’ve added a screenshot of my first every survey :O The progress bar is at the top left corner of the survey … very thin and faint. My clients are not going to see that! Any ideas please?

Thanks, Kosta.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kosta Thanks for stopping by! It isn’t possible to adjust the heading at the top where the questions are located, but I can share this feedback with our product team. :grinning: Let me know if you think of any other questions!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Liz, thanks for your prompt reply :)

Is there a way to show a number, as a percentage of the progress, to more easily  indicate how far into the survey the respondent is?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kosta We don’t have this option in our progress bar settings, but I can share this feedback with our product team. :grin:

Userlevel 1

It appears the progress bar is blocked by the “Question Group” headers -- really lame, esp. since my form is entirely chunked into question groups, which makes it completely useless. It’s also really thin and basically unnoticeable even when it’s not blocked.

The typeform progress bar used to be decent, and appeared at the bottom with a percentage indicator too. How do I revert it back to that? And/or when does typeform plan on making the new one usefully visible?

Thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Kafferlin Strategies! Welcome to the Typeform Community! :blush:

I'm sorry that your progress bar is not working properly. I've moved your question to this thread since it's related to the same topic.

Can you send us a screencast showing the issue you are facing with the Question Group? We've been passing all of the feedback about the progress bar to our product team!

In the meantime, you can read more about this feature in this article.

Thank you for your understanding! :four_leaf_clover:

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

It appears the progress bar is blocked by the “Question Group” headers -- really lame, esp. since my form is entirely chunked into question groups, which makes it completely useless. It’s also really thin and basically unnoticeable even when it’s not blocked.

The typeform progress bar used to be decent, and appeared at the bottom with a percentage indicator too. How do I revert it back to that? And/or when does typeform plan on making the new one usefully visible?

Thx

I’ve experienced the exact same issue. It’s not even worth having the progress bar as is too hard to see. The percentage would be so much more useful for the respondents.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thx

I’ve experienced the exact same issue. It’s not even worth having the progress bar as is too hard to see. The percentage would be so much more useful for the respondents.

In fact it’s a let down as it’s a feature that’s part of the package yet it’s not very useful :(

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thx

In fact it’s a let down as it’s a feature that’s part of the package yet it’s not very useful :(

Same issue here. Is there any updates around this. I’m not really able to use my form until this is fixed :( Any other options?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kosta and @a)planmax could you send a screenshot of what you’re seeing with the progress bar? Thanks!

This also happened with us. We need the progress bar, it’s on, but doesn’t work. Any Typeform official answer about that?

Same issue here, any updates on this? We all need the percentage or making the progress bar thicker, please!!!

same issue here, so frustating

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ivanlariz and @MarcelR can you please share the URLs of the forms you’re working on and/or any screenshots so we can take a closer look into the issue? 

Thanks!

Same problem here @Liz Cannot add the progress bar. Would be great if that works. 

@Liz We’ve booked a business account and the progress bar is essential for our planned activities. This is a basic feature and we need it to be fixed within the next week. If that’s not possible, we see as forced to cancel the subscription. Thanks a lot and I hope to hear from you soon. 

Kindly, 

Camilo 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@camilo Can you please share a screenshot of what happens when you try to add the progress bar? 

Hi @Liz, here are the Screenshots. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@camilo - welcome to the community!

I think @Liz was intending for the screenshots from the typeform in live site - the progress bar will not be visible inside the workspace… 

thanks

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes! As @john.desborough said, I’ll need screenshots of the live form and/or the URL would be helpful, too, @camilo .

@Liz @john.desborough  Could I see how the progress bar looks in live mode? We’ll not put it online till we know how the whole questionnaire looks like. 

Thanks and I wait for further Information, 

Kindly, 

Camilo 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@camilo Of course! You can see instructions and examples here, or I’ve pasted my very terrible example form with a progress bar below. 

Hi @Liz 

Curiously, in your example I don’t see the progress bar.

I’m also having troubles showing the progress bar. In my case, I have it live so I have checked that even if I have activated the corresponding toggle, the progress bar is not shown. My survey has branches, and group of questions, I don’t know if that is relevant, but I’m no seeing the bar

(this is live)
(this is the admin view with the progress bar toggle activated)

any clue of what it might be happening?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @juan-perezbedmar The progress bar can be found in my example shown here: 

I’m also seeing the arrows at the bottom of your form, so it appears to be working. :) 

Let me know if you have any other questions!