Answered

Sharing typeform templates with other creators

• 23 February 2021
  • 32 replies

Userlevel 2

I have an audience that could use the same typeform I have already created. Is there a way to share a link with them so they they can simple upload the premade typeform into their own Typeform account simpler to how Canava has share links to be able to share designed that upload right into your account and let you edit them? I would like to know how to do this if it is possible! Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by Liz 24 February 2021, 20:46

View original

32 replies

following

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Krissy Chin - thanks for joining the community! (same to you, @catchkyle !) 

It isn’t currently possible to share typeform templates between accounts, but I can note this suggestion. The one workaround I can think of would be to add another account into a workspace, but this is only available on our Premium plans. 

If you’re hoping to be sharing typeforms with lots of accounts, it may be worth contacting our Partnership team to learn more about that program!

Badge +5

Our content expert @James may be interested in this conversation as we are trying to figure out a way to share templates here in the community. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Our content expert @James may be interested in this conversation as we are trying to figure out a way to share templates here in the community. 

Thanks @Gabriel and welcome to our community @Krissy Chin @catchkyle . Gabriel is right, we're currently working with the content team at Typeform to figure out a way for users to submit their typeforms to be hosted on a public template gallery (either adding on to our existing template gallery or creating something new). Will keep everyone here posted on the progress of this – suggestions and ideas of how we might do this always welcome :wink:

Userlevel 2

Thank you. 
yes I would like to be able to just share a link with my students and poof the template uploads into their type form. I spend an hour last night copying and pasting questions into a spread sheet and then recording a video showing them how to upload. 
I’m sure I would get more people using typeform if it could easily upload premade forms. 

many companies do this, GetOiling & Attract well, Kajabi, Canva. I know the owner of GetOiling/Attract Well so if the coding team needs another Coder to talk to about how, I can put you in touch. 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Krissy Chin - thanks for joining the community! (same to you, @catchkyle !) 

It isn’t currently possible to share typeform templates between accounts, but I can note this suggestion. The one workaround I can think of would be to add another account into a workspace, but this is only available on our Premium plans. 

If you’re hoping to be sharing typeforms with lots of accounts, it may be worth contacting our Partnership team to learn more about that program!

Thank you. I’ll be offering to students so it needs to be something they can do in their own account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Krissy Chin ah, got it! Thanks for sharing. While we don’t currently have this feature, I’ll note the suggestion for you! It’s good to know how this would be helpful in your case since I haven’t yet seen this request in an educational setting yet. 

+1 This would be a great feature to add. 

I’m looking for this feature too. I design educational and coaching programs in Typeform and am being asked by my clients to sell them my forms (ideally ready built). I also share forms I have built in my latest book and am already being asked by readers if they can have the forms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback, all! If you haven’t already, I’d suggest adding your request for this feature on the post below and/or taking a peek at our Premium plan, which does currently offer this feature. :grinning:

Hi Liz,

I can’t see it mentioned in the Premium plan list of functionality.  Can you point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Dee

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dee is for Digital - we have an article here that can share a bit more about moving forms between accounts/workspaces on our Premium plan. :grinning:

Hi Liz,

Thanks but I don’t think that meets the requirement.  That link talks about moving from to accounts and workspaces you already have access to.  I am talking about being able to share a type form with an account or workspace that I don’t own.  I also checked via Customer Support and they said it is not possible in the Premium plan to do that.  The only way it could happen would be for the Support team to do it and they would need approval from the form owner each time it was done.

Dee

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dee is for Digital As noted from the support team, it’s not a feature we currently have, but our Partnerships team is in discussions about adding this feature to their partner program. If there’s any updates on that side of things, I’ll let you know. :grinning:

Userlevel 2
Badge

It is possible to share forms to other accounts if you’re an Agency partner but it is a detailed process at the moment where you need to be added as an Agency then invited to a specific workspace before duplicating the form to each student account. I could imagine this would be a difficult project as you’d be connected to so many Typeform accounts. For a smaller number of clients or colleagues, it works but not for large numbers of people...yet. 

As with other duplications, you’ll need your students to set up email notifications again on their own account.

I hope this helps.

Hi Team, Any update on this or a possible timeframe?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Elle Ross Thanks for stopping by! We don’t have this on the roadmap at the moment for regular accounts, but if there are any updates, I’ll post ‘em here!

Piling on here to echo what so many have said. I have students asking me for my type form template with no way to give it to them. Totally get this is not on your roadmap, and I’m no coder, but considering we sent William Shatner into space today there's gotta be a piece of simple “copy and paste” code that would work here....

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kimkaupe Thank you for sending that along! As noted, this isn’t on our roadmap, but if anything changes, I’ll share that information here! :grinning:

It looks like this has been a hot topic for 10 months. I would also like to be able to share my forms, and I don’t really understand why no progress has been made for the last 10 months. @Liz , it would be great if you could tell your colleagues that this is a feature that is highly appreciated by your users. I don’t understand why it should be technically difficult to share forms, given that you already have features to share your form with users (i.e. ask them questions). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Holger HR Thanks for stopping by! We’ve shared this with our product team, but they have other larger, more requested features they’re working on at the moment. As always, if anything changes, we’ll post that here!

yes pls bring this feature :)

@Liz Is there any update on this feature? My sales team would like to start using the form I created rather than having to create a duplicate for themselves. Logging into my account,  I can see there is a share button next to the 3 dots, but that went directly to Typeform Sales team.

Is there also a way to 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ali Khurshid While there isn’t a way to share templates yet, you can still invite a member to your workspace to share the form itself. 

Thanks for responding @Liz . I have sent a query to typeform support and their sales team, as I need to discuss the call plans with them. I wish to mix n match, so not an off the shelf option for me right now. I haven’t heard back from them since 7 days.

Can you help and get the support / sales team to get back to me promptly.