Answered

Users can't submit form

• 9 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi everybody,

we recently hostet an internal pubquiz for our employes in which they entered there questions via typeform in realtime and we used the calculator to add up their points. In theory, this worked out great, but over 4 rounds, 5-10 of our 40 teams had difficulties submitting their responses. The error message said something like “unable to submit form”.

Do you have any idea what we can change to avoid this next time? This caused a lot of frustration and delay in the live situation.

Two possible reasons might be:

1. I entered the team names as a single choice question right before users opened the form. Might a last minute change in the form cause problems?
  2. Users skipped back and forth between questions. Can this confuse the calculator?

Thank you very much for your help!

icon

Best answer by Liz 9 February 2021, 17:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Lennart . Thanks for posting! :) There could be a variety of reasons why the error message you’re seeing occurs. Sometimes it’s because of the length of the form, the internet connection at the time of submission, or the amount of submissions happening at the same time. Our support team would need to take a look into the form and check the errors in the backend to provide a more specific reason. 

If you haven’t already, would you mind contacting them here from your account email with the URL of the form? They can narrow this down for certain after taking a peek at the form!

I use a typeform as the first step in my onboarding process for clients in my business. Some are reporting that they cannot sumbit the form, yet others able to, so its not a clear error on why this is happening? Any one else have this problem? Have a solution? Know what could be happening? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LyndsiMarieFitness. Welcome to the Typeform Community :hugging:

I moved your question here so you can check @Liz's suggestion. Hope this helps! =)